Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My monthly post

I was catching up on a few of you characters and reading about Mookie's Weekend got me inspired. I have been ridiculously busy at work lately, and when not at work, it has been this...




I have also been keeping real busy around the house now that spring is finally here. I am resurfacing my deck and putting in a new stamped concrete patio. The deck is a real pain in the ass because I am switching from PT to composite with vinyl railings so anytime I screw up, it costs me an arm and a leg. My laziness has finally caught up with me and I am spending the extra now so I won't have to maintain anything.

The ankle is getting better and I was starting to get to the gym in the mornings the last couple weeks, but no more. I had my performance person quit last week so I am now learning what she was doing. It was something that I had been trying to find time to get a better handle on anyway, but this forced it. There was a lot of crazy shit happening too, so once I find a new person, it will end up being a good thing down the road. Anyone know a good performance analyst looking for a new job in Boston :)?

I did start playing indoor soccer last week with a bunch of other mid-30's that are out of shape like me. It is pretty sad, but I am starting to move around a little better starting today. Yesterday I was hurting bad. I was never a soccer player anyway, so luckily it is indoor. I kick it against the boards and chase it around. A good workout at least.

I hope to give some steady updates on baseball throughout the season. We get underway next week so get ready for some boring stories and hopefully some funny ones too. I am coaching both my 10 year old, and my 6 year old. The older team has been practicing for the last 4 weeks and the picture is from our scrimmage last weekend. My younger team starts practice next week. My 6 year old is actually playing with 8 year olds this year, so it should at least simulate real baseball. We'll see I guess.

I also got suckered into coaching my 10 year old's flag football team. We signed them both up. My older son mostly because in Pop Warner he plays the line. He wants to be able to QB and run and catch the ball rather than just block, so this league should be fun. We got all the team lists in the mail and his coach was "TBD". Minutes later I was coaching. The good thing is that it is only Friday nights and baseball is never Friday's, so they shouldn't clash at all.

Well, I think that is it for now. Thanks to those of you that stopped by last time and saw my post about my friend Steve. He was a great guy and you all would have thought so too.

4 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger jjok said...

coaching football and baseball.

Can't wait.....haha.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

You can make it up to us by coming out to the WPBT in June.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Woo hoo....he's back.

Glad to hear from you man. Wish you coulda joined us in Austin. It was a blast.

You definitely need to come out next year.

I would love to get out to Vegas this fall (if not sooner). Let me know the dates when it gets closer.

 
At 2:49 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Dude. You're posting even less than I was! Glad to hear you're healing up.

BTW, this word verification is without a doubt one of the hardest ones I've seen. I think this is right. If it posts, then I got it right.

vwwnrmli

In blogger type it looks fine. In goofy-ass word verification mode, they all run together. Here we go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?