Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yup, still alive...

Thanks for asking Mook. Actually I have been ridiculously busy over the last few weeks. New job, football, all kinds of crap to keep me busy.

In my last job, I was able to read everyone out there consistently, and had plenty of time to post. Also, I felt comfortable that it would not cause any problems if I was posting from my last job. The place was huge and if some little dweeb was going to hassle me for hitting blogger every day, I would have been shocked.

In my new gig, I work at a really small capital management firm in Boston that is owned by a big law firm. I know that emails are flagged routinely for "certain" words that I use quite frequently on this here page. I wouldn't be surprised if the firewall is catching almost everything.

The bottom line is, posting has been slow since I really don't feel comfortable doing it at work anymore. That combined with football still (barely) going on, and being unmotivated to post by the time I get home at night, well, you know what I am saying.

I also haven't been playing at all. I have very little cash online right now actually and apparently that is how it will stay for the most part I guess.

Ok, so for updates...On the football front, we are winding down. Not really sure where I left off, and too lazy to go look. We had started the season off at 1-3 but battled back and won 3 straight. We went into this past weekend with a shot at the playoffs. We had control. All we had to do was win and we were in the national playoffs. We scouted the other team, had a good game plan and taught the kids what we thought they needed to know. We lost. We had them pegged but our kids just couldn't do it. We got beat by a better team unfortunately. We found out today that we still made the playoffs for the league so we still have at least one more game. My son started basketball last night so he is ready for football to be done anyway.

Now we are struggling with a decision about the basketball travel team. At the basketball tryout, a couple of the coaches came up to my wife (I was at work) and asked if he was going to play on the travel team. He is pretty good but it is a huge commitment. Practice for an hour and a half every Friday night and tournaments every weekend for like 12 weeks. That is a lot when you have 2 others that you don't get to see enough as it is. We will need to figure that one out over the next couple weeks.

As far as the gig goes, it is sure different than what I was used to. At my last job, I got up around 6:30, took a 7:30 train and got to work at 8:45 each day. I would leave on the 4:15 train most days and at the lastest, the 5:05.

With the new gig, I get up at 5, take the 6:15 train and am at the office by 7:30. On football practice days I still leave on the 4:15 train, but the other 3 nights, I take the 6:15 train going home, getting me here around 7:30. It is a long day for sure. And so far...I love it. I love the atmosphere of the small firm. The fact that I can actually make a difference with some of the things that I have done in the past. I really like it so far and hopefully it will continue.

I do miss playing and hanging with some of you whack jobs in girly chat, but it is what it is for right now anyway.

Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for checking in.

6 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this whack job misses your posts and you in the girly chat.

Glad all is well and that you're taking care of the home front.

Vegas Baby, get here!

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger jjok said...

come home father of drew, come home.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Ahhh he lives ! Good to see things are going well for you.

Hope to see you at a tourney online soon...

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

ditto these whack jobs above me.

glad the new gig is working out, you strike me as the kind of guy who makes a decision then works to make it the right decision.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

lol. Cya soon man. Hope you can make the 18th of November!

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Well it's almost time for your montly update ...ha...you better be making millions at that new job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?