Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bruschi Alive and Well

Well, we were all freaking out last night in our house. One of the guys that works for me had gotten an email saying that Tedy Bruschi had a heart attach and died. Since we couldn't find anything to confirm it, we hoped for the best.

Then, around 9:30pm, my wife gets a call from a friend saying the same thing. Again, we couldn't find anything to confirm it. Apparently, it was just a rumor that was started by some freakin weirdo. Thank god. Can't wait for the season to start.

Speaking of football, I had my son and our QB at the field last night. I had then running a round a little and then trying out a few possible plays and routes. They did well and I am getting pumped up for the season. Hopefully we can find some lineman to block...

Looking forward to a fun weekend. We are leaving tomorrow for Saratoga New York. For those of you that don't know, every August in Saratoga all the best horses, jockeys, trainers, etc. gather for a month long meet. We are going to my father in law's house which is only about 20 minutes away from the track. We are going to the races on Friday, then my oldest son and I are going to go over to Cooperstown to visit the baseball hall of fame. I have never been there before, and as a life long fan, I am very excited about checking it out.

Being this this weekend is a double edged sword. It is induction weekend, which will mean that we will probably come across quite a few former players, both hall of famers and not. The draw back is that it is supposed to be amazingly packed this weekend. It just happened to be the weekend we were going up for the races, so we will do our best. I am sure we will have a great time, and my son is over the top excited about it. He has a special autograph ball that he is bringing with him. It currently has autographs of Nomar, Papelbon, Delcarmen, Timlin, Hanson, Dinardo, John Henry and a few other minor league up and coming Sox prospects. He is hoping to land some other heavy hitters while we are up there.

As soon as we get back, practice starts for our team. Monday is D day. I will try and keep updating here as the practices start and all that. Have a great weekend and thanks for those of you that are still stopping by.

5 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Have fun in Saratoga!!!!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I am so jealous that you got to go to Cooperstown and see my boy, Anthony Keith Gwynn get inducted. Damn that must have been good. Hope things are well with you out there, buddy.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

I definitely still want to get together when you are in town. I can meet you right after work one day. Looking forward to it!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Henk said...

Nice blog! More people should read it. If you want, you can register your blog www.pokerweblogs.com. It is free and and it automatically updates when you do an update, so visitors of our site can see when you updated your blog. The big advantage is that it will attract much more visitors to your blog.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Yo C!

Don't know what your status is, hope everything is going along smoothly with you, the family, and the j-o-b. Maybe as an incentive to reenter the blogosphere, I done tagged you. Stop by The Randomness for details.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?