Friday, January 05, 2007

Time to lose some lbs

First off, thanks to those of you that stopped by to say hi. I do miss ringing up the girly chat occasionally, and hopefully I will find some time to get back out there soon. I am getting the itch to play the Mookie again soon too. Most likely later in the month when we get back from vacation.

I am also itching to get back out to see Don again. Man I love reading those updates of his. I have been trying to keep up here and there but it has been impossible. The only time I really make is on the train reading on my blackberry which can be painful. I am dying to get back out there and hitting the pit together. Don, glad to see you are still on plan A and going strong bud.
We are in for a weekend of basketball and it looks like some really nice weather. You don’t see too many upper 50’s days in New England in January but that is what it is supposed to be tomorrow I hear. Too bad I will be anchored to the couch watching the games.

Oh, another thing I should mention is that I am on a weight loss kick all of a sudden. I had been a sack of crap for the past year or so anyway, but didn’t think much of it. I have hovered around 200 lbs for a while but started to feel the pants getting tighter so I stepped on the scale. I was the heaviest I have ever been at 208 lbs. That just won’t do with 3 kids who are into sports and all that. I started running about a week ago and eating a lot better. I just started to really get into it over the last couple days. My goal is to get under 200 lbs before we go away in 10 days. I am already at 202 so I should make it but my longer term goal is 190 lbs.

Some of you may recall me talking about planning to do a sprint triathlon last year but I bailed. Well, my sister, who is a sprint triathlon buff now is all over me about joining her this year. So there it is, I am putting it out there that I am going to give it a shot. I will try to update my progress on here every now and again to keep in touch, since I don’t have much poker to talk about anymore.
Btw, I did jump onto Stars last night and play a cheap SNG for the fun of it. Here it is kids. GO PATS!

PokerStars Tournament #39718585, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $45.00
Tournament started - 2007/01/04 - 21:17:14 (ET)

Dear drewspop, You finished the tournament in 1st place.A $22.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

6 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

You still got it...just like riding a bike...

Happy New Year

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Happy New Year! Glad to see you're back and doing it. I hear ya on the weight loss thing...I actually decided to be uber-public with my fat. If you want to feel better about yourself, check it out: http://iamhoff-whathappenedtome.blogspot.com/

Hope to see you at the Mook really soon. And go Chargers!! :)

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I JUST wrote a post a day or so ago about how I lost 35 lbs in about 5 months...check it out if you want. No fad diets or anything like that...just sensible alternatives to the *BAD* foods and drinks out there...

Good luck!

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger AnotherSoxFan said...

So does that mean that you don't want to meet up for a quesadilla at Sabroso's this week? Just let me know when you want to go for a quick run around the Charles tough guy...

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

just thought i'd stop by.


GO CHARGERS ! ! !

that is all

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Where ya been???????

You must not like us anymore. Just kidding.

Hope all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?