Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Disgusting

July 25th was the last time I posted? WTF? Man, life has been busy, but really, 7 months?

Ok, so obviously, this is dead on the vine. Life has overtaken, and I no longer have time for as much poker as I used to enjoy. Why not a quick update then huh?

I have been way out of touch. I can't help keeping up with Don's blog, and Carmen's blog, at least every couple weeks or so. I know I am missing things along the way, but here's to hoping everyone is doing well.

So, basically, I was swamped from August 1 through the beginning of November coaching Pop Warner football. I had great assistant coaches, and I couldn't have asked any more from the kids in terms of effort and attitude. We started out 7-0, then lost our last regular season game. We got a first round playoff bye, won our first game, then lost in the semi-finals for the league. I had so much fun and got a lot out of it, but man was it a lot of work. Very time consuming, and as a result, the job suffered a little. Luckily, I have a cool boss that supports me spending time doing that sort of thing, but I feel like I am still catching up now. I joined the board for the league and I am now helping with fundraisers and that kind of thing. I don't think I can commit to the head coach thing again for next year, but I still have 2 younger sons that will go through the program, so I will stay involved and eventually probably get back into coaching.

As soon as football ended, basketball began. I ended up "coaching" my first grader's team. Beehive basketball at it's finest. Being only once a week, it wasn't bad at all, and actually ended last night. Baseball practice has already started for my oldest at an indoor facility. I will be involved in 3 teams this year, since all of my boys will be old enough to play. Insanity.

Back in the fall, we had an opportunity to get a ski place up in NH at a great price. It is a small condo, but located in a perfect spot for skiing in the winter and hiking, fishing, etc. in the summer. We jumped on it and have been skiing our asses off since around Christmas. It is a long drive, but we go up just about every other weekend, sometimes consecutive weeks, and the kids are all loving it. Just 2 weeks ago I tried snowboarding for the first time with the kids. It was painful, but fun. I will most likely stick to skiing, but might switch off every now and then for a change of pace. My 7 year old picked it up real quick and that is all he wants to do now. I found a cheap used board on craigslist for him, so he is all psyched up to go boarding this weekend.

Work is good, but real busy. I just had one of my guys quit last week, so I need to get him replaced quick so I won't have to do too much work myself. I am working on getting a guy that used to work for me in here, so hopefully that works out.

That is about it. I am heading to Vegas April 5-8 for a weekend with the guys. Looking forward to that for sure. I will try and post some updates every now and then, but honestly, this is pretty boring stuff. Maybe an update of how my trip goes, and how the poker tourney I am running for the football league goes will be worth reading. Not sure. I also still owe Hoff a post on something he tagged me on in (gulp) November. I got the email just before I left for Florida with the family and never got back to it. Sorry man. I am sure you gave up on me by now.

Anyway, hope all of you are doing well and staying happy.

5 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Who knew life would get in the way so much? Good to see you're doing well and keeping up the activities with your sons. Have a good trip to Vegas and I look forward to the trip report.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

good to hear from ya

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

He's still around!! Good to hear from you man.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger jjok said...

good to hear bro! Stay in touch please!!!!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

Nice to hear you're doing well!

Poker gets in the way of life, not the other way around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?