Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Off to Vegas in the morning, hit me for dial-a-shots

Yup, so the day is finally here. I leave for Vegas early tomorrow morning. Early enough, in fact, to force me to skip the WWdN. Well, mostly to spend some time with my lovely wife before I leave.

I had fun in the DADI last night, although I went out 17th when my all in after a low flop with Qs was set up by Stars as I was against Ks. Anywho, congrats to Hoyazo for kicking everyone's ass again. Just as big a congrats to Dave for the runner up game he played. He did have suckouts working for him and against him, but he made 2 comebacks that were pretty great to watch. He was down to about T350 early and went off for a while where he had a huge stack. Not sure what happened, but a while later, he was again down to about T1000 and ended up coming in second to Mike. A great game, well played by them, as well as others making the final table like Mookie (damn, the fro continues to grow, I was pulling for you man), DNasty (How bout them Tigers??), and Miami Don. And speaking of Miami Don, back to my Vegas trip.

So I leave the house at 5:30am tomorrow. My flight leaves at about 8am and gets me to Vegas at about 11 or 11:30am. The plan for tomorrow is pretty open but will undoubtedly involve some craps and blackjack to get us in the Vegas mood.

On Thursday, I will be meeting Don and Carmen for the noon tourney at Caesar's Palace. I stayed there in October and the poker room wasn't open yet, so I am really looking forward to seeing it. It will also be great to meet 2 more blogger friends face to face. Pretty soon, my wife won't be able to call them my fake friends anymore ;) After that, they are heading to MGM for the cash game and depending on how I feel about my tourney game, I may give it a shot. If not, lunch and an evening of other debauchery is in order no doubt.

On Friday, we are meeting up again to play the Binion's 2pm tourney. I have only been down to old Vegas once for about an hour, so looking forward to checking it out. I hear it is a dump so no big expectations, but it is a historic place for us addicts me thinks.

All in all, hopefully the money will stay with me long enough to get me home late Saturday night.

Now, in keeping with the blogger right of passage, I welcome any comments or emails for dial-a-shots from Vegas. Let me know a number and good time to call you if you are interested.

As you may have seen, I have been testing some mobile bloggage, so we'll see how that goes. I have text email posts coming from the blackberry, and picture posts coming from the camera phone. Hmm, maybe not the smartest combination. There is always the delete post option.

Good luck to all in the WWdN, The Mookie, and the WWdN: Not the this week.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks man, and thanks for railing last night. I sent you a couple offline IM's with all the info you should need for a dial-a-shot from the great state of Maryland. Have a great time on your trip.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for sweating the FT last night. One of these days I'll get that breakthrough win...(I hope)

Good luck in Vegas man ! Looking forward to the mobile posts. I am definately in for dial-a-shots tomorrow during The Mookie. I will email you my cell number.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

looking forward to the mobile posts, especially teh pictures...

bring it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?