Sunday, May 28, 2006

Doyle's Room is fun so far

I signed up for Doyle's room because it is now a major sponsor of the APL and they will be having APL member freerolls frequently. I played a little NLHE, 5c/10c just to get used to the software. It is a little clunky, but I can't complain about this.



I know, I swore off the cash games, but I do need to get better at them. I am still horrible but playing a lot tighter. Of course, the story behind this is a rough one in that I was up a little over $11 when I got my pocket 8's. The guy with Aces pushed pre-flop and I made the fishy call. Yes, I was just lucky, lucky, lucky. Oh well, sometimes I would rather be lucky than good.

On the flip side, I did beat the snot out of some poor dude who made me look like Gabe Thaler. He was so bad. When I sat at the table, this guy had over $40 at the $20 max table. He would call you down to the river with bottom pair, or chase until the river and then fold on the end. Once he left, I did too. I started with $20 and left with exactly $60. I also played a couple SNGs and cashed in both. I like Doyle's room so far.

Ok, off to do my chores before the big bash for my youngest's birthday. Lawn to mow, edges to weed whack, ice to get, food platters to pick up.

Enjoy the weekend.

6 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Nice. Maybe I'll sign up there. If there's a referral code you've got, let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend! See ya at the DADI!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Yea, let me know if you have a referral code as well...

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger RoccoBoxer said...

Same here... GL in Vegas

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Hey guys, anyone that wants to sign up using my referral code, drewspop, feel free.

Rocco, thanks for stopping by.

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Hey Chris,
Thanks for visiting my neck of the woods, glad ya liked it. I was telling Hoff that between him, Hoy, you and Jordan, I think I am going to bust out of my little SnG rut and try to play MTTs...like your stuff...

That final hand at DADI was just classic...esp with FUEL filling the screen with 5's...one for the ages...

Cya at WWdN or the Mookie

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

iak, thanks for coming by man. Yeah, quite a finish for sure. Damn Hoy is on fire!

I am linking you up now. Keep me laughing bro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?