Monday, May 22, 2006

WPBT Mugging

I played some hands pretty bad in both of the Gemini tourneys last night. The WPBT tourneys are not ones that I usually plan on playing, but I figured I would give it a go. It was an interesting concept that Biggestron put together and I wanted to see how it played out. It was weird playing 2 tourneys with the same starting playes at each table.

Joe Speaker got a bunch of my chips in one and finished me off in one. Actually, it may have been the same one, but I can't really remember. Both finishes were most forgetable anyway. Everytime I had a decent hand, I missed the flop, made a play at the pot, and had to fold it away when played back at. Another problem I had was defending a blind and catching enough of the flop to play as second best hand. In one hand with Miami Don, I ended up folding top pair of Qs with KQ to his pressure. I called one too many bets but couldn't raise him without pushing. Not knowing where I was, which was beat I found out anyway, I had to lay it down. Exhibit A in playing a dangerous hand that like to a pre-flop raise. The real problem for me was the fact that there were already 4 callers of the raise, plus I missed who the raiser was because my other table was popping into action at the same time. I made a quick, ill advised pre-flop call and it cost me a bunch of chips. Even though I folded it, I paid too much.

Congrats to all that did well and to Hoyazo who took down the combined tourney. Well played sir.

After I was dismissed with the hammer in one, and with a steal attempting A4 (I think) as I tried to keep chipping up, I decided to jump into one last tourney for the night.

I ended up playing in an 18 person SNG for $10+1. The deck hit me in the face early and I was a big chip leader when we got to the final table. I did fall behind a couple times but managed to suck out with KQ vs AJ in the second to last hand. With the win, I was actually up $40 after my entries to the WPBT tourneys and the SNG.

I will take it. Thanks to jjok for the railing.

PokerStars Tournament #25156318, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
18 players
Total Prize Pool: $180.00
Tournament started - 2006/05/21 - 22:32:07 (ET)

Dear drewspop,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
A $72.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.


Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.


2 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Nice job in the SNG. I was too donked out to play anything after the WPBT tournies.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Nice job man. With the wpbt yesterday, I won around $150, and deep down, that really is the best part about your play in a given evening -- how you end up + or - on the day. So you paid for your two wpbt entries and then some with the sng win, wtg.

I love the 18 person sng format btw. Between stars and ftp, I'm sure I've had the most success at that level than 1 table, 5-table or any of the 90- or 180 sng events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?