Wednesday, April 05, 2006

WWdN donkey for the night was me

I played the WWdN last night…for about 15 minutes. I played terrible and paid for it. I think it basically came down to about 3 hands. First hand I get pocket 3’s and donk off about 300 trying to push someone off the pot to no avail.

Couple hands later I get pocket K’s. I think point I am down to about 1100 or so. I raise it up to 8xBB, which was 160 and after some thought, CautionESPN decides to call. The flop comes A high and I bet out 160, about half the pot and he raises to 320 and I call. (?) We both check the turn and river. He had A3o so was unwilling to bet with the weak kicker but the damage was done as I was down to about 600.

With my last 600 I think I hit middle pair a flop and pushed into top pair to send me out in about 65 out of 70. Hardly the follow up I was looking for after my second place from last week. Oh well, I got what I deserved.

Shortly after I went out, on the table I had, err, played, this went down.

#22130008, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2006/04/04 - 20:58:11 (ET)
Table '22130008 8' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: SERNE (1590 in chips)
Seat 2: TransFish (1985 in chips)
Seat 3: Rookette22 (3230 in chips)
Seat 4: psycoma (730 in chips)
Seat 5: CautionESPN (3015 in chips)
Seat 6: heffmike (1525 in chips)
Seat 7: dsheep (730 in chips)
Seat 8: Columbo777 (2015 in chips)
Seat 9: Kozemp (1530 in chips) is sitting out
SERNE: posts small blind 15
TransFish: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Rookette22: folds
psycoma: calls 30
CautionESPN: folds
heffmike: folds
dsheep: folds
Columbo777: raises 90 to 120
Kozemp: folds
SERNE: folds
TransFish: folds
psycoma: calls 90
*** FLOP *** [2c 2s 2d]
psycoma: checks
Columbo777: checks
*** TURN *** [2c 2s 2d] [9d]
psycoma: checks
Columbo777: bets 120
dsheep said, "hammmmmer time?"
CautionESPN is connected
psycoma: folds
Columbo777 collected 285 from pot
Columbo777: shows [2h 7c] (four of a kind, Deuces)
psycoma said, "phew"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 285 | Rake 0
Board [2c 2s 2d 9d]

Dems Hammer Quads Biatches!

I then kicked into addicted railer mode and watched some horrendous bad beats. I have no really been one to subscribe to the conspiracy theory about Riverstars but after watching the rest of the tourney pretty close, I swear that 80% of the time someone went in with a worse hand, they sucked out. It was actually comical and ridiculous at the same time.

I watched presdlee have a nice run until he pushed into pocket aces after hitting top pair to cripple him. I also watched denials have a very nice run to the final 2 tables. Garth did well as he made the final table while declaring his blind drunkenness. Nice job guys.

The man I was watching the closest though, was Hoyazo. I am a fan of reading his posts about how he keeps getting sucked out on in this tourney and how he can’t make a final table in the WWdN. We started the girly chat thing on yahoo about half way through the tourney. I told him I was hoping that this would finally be the night where he cashed and we could read his “I finally cashed in the WWdN” post. It was indeed.

Hoyazo played some nice, patient poker. He layed down some hands that he didn’t want to, but it paid off for him with a great 3rd place finish. No bad beat to end it either. Congrats man.

Next to Hoyazo, the man of night, IMO was Boobie Lover. That dude is scary good sometimes and I thought he played a great game to grab second. He ended up taking some bad beats while dishing some out at the same time. He was crazy aggressive and was down to almost felt with 2 tables still going and the blinds up there, and made a mad comeback to finish second. Very nice playing sir.

I finished up the night by playing a little bit on Paradise. I actually played for a while and was down about $20. I may have panicked after this small loss, but decided it was cash out time at Paradise. I don’t like their software at all and I had a great run. Without the bonus to fight for anymore, I was getting restless so rather than donking it all back, I decided to cash it and find another overlay somewhere else. I will give that all some thought tonight I think.

Have a good one all and Poker Champ, when are you going to finish your 45 SNG Challenge hands? I don’t even know who you are now but am still sweating you breathing down my neck.

7 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Without the bonus to fight for anymore, I was getting restless so rather than donking it all back, I decided to cash it and find another overlay somewhere else.

Ahh...the 29 sweetest words in the English language.

Actually, overlay is the sweetest but the other 28 fit nicely.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger phat said...

Gotta lay down those kings to the raise. It's a sick feeling but you gotta do it! Can't count the number of times I've lost a bunch of chips or been knocked out of a tourney in exactly the same situation.

Good idea to cash out. I'm gonna make one more deposit at interpoker, clear it and do the same, unless I start really owning those tables.

Speaking of which, what times do you play at IP? (EST or whatever, I'll do the conversion) Would be fun to sit at the same table and collude, er, gang up on the drunks.

Shameless link pimpage for spam purposes below:

ozbluff aussie poker forums

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger jjok said...

Cash equivalent of the chip? How much?

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Breathing down YOUR neck? He'll be passing me before he passes you. :-)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger jjok said...

I have the extreme confidence in my Rangers.

As my quest for SNG's had been pretty much completed using the $6 turbos, I will pay for one buyin into one of these.....

Your chip for my $6.50.

Deal?

(Sad thing is, I like the BoSox)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

jjok, my chip isn't worth that much so we will figure out a more appropriate SNG buy-in, but you're on.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

wes, I seriously thought you played a great tourney, especially to climb back to 2nd after that big hit you took.

I also figure saying nice things might mean you will let me limp into pots, play my blinds, and raise uncontested in the future ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?