Friday, March 31, 2006

Gonna be quite a weekend?

I got home last night to find a package from Tripjax. We made a little bet on BC vs the Tar Heels during the ACC tourney so he was paying up. Thanks man, let me know when you want to get even.

I played poker for about an hour last night on Paradise. Since I had deposited $35 to cover the WSOP Satellite a couple weeks ago, I had $5 left and I wanted to see what I could do with it. After I got bounced on the night of that tourney, I played a little NL and was up to $12 going in last night.

I sat in at a $10 max NL HE table. The software that Paradise uses sucks, but the action is usually pretty good from what I have seen. This table was pretty loose. After about 5 minutes, I get dealt KK on the button. The blinds are only 5c/10c at the $10 tables and a MP dude raised it up to 40c. There was one caller before me and I re-raised to $1.50, both called.

The flop came out 3h Jd 4h. The original raiser bet $1 and after the other guy called, I pushed with the pot at $6.50. The original raiser typed in “ffs” and folded, while the other guy thought for a minute, then called. He had AJo, and my cowboys held up for the stacking. I had no clue what “ffs” meant, but I knew it wasn’t good. As soon as he saw my hand, he gave me the “nh” and I replied with a nice “whatever dude”. I stayed at the table for another few minutes, then left with my $20.

I wanted to try to sit in at a table that I could clear some raked hands. You get a point for a raked hand of 25c, so I sat at a 50c/1.00 limit table. I only had about 15 raked so far and you need 100 for each $10.00 of bonus. I figured I would just play very tight and hope that each hand was raked.

It turned that just about each hand was raked. Plus, I got some good cards and even better luck with the looseness of the table. After about 45 minutes, I had about $45. I have this tendency to start off well at limit, and then give it all back and then some. I think I loosen up too much or get overconfident. Not sure exactly. Luckily, for some reason, my Paradise connection got cut just as my wife was getting home from the store. That ensured I wouldn’t give it back as I logged off for the night. All in all, my $12 turned into about $47 I think. Not a bad deal. That gives me some breathing room to multi table the $10 NL tables to clear the hands over the weekend.

My wife was out getting the last few items she needed for her weekend trip to Florida with her girlfriends. We were up at 4:30am this morning and out by 5:15am to pick up her friends. I dropped them off at the airport by 7:00am and into the office by 7:15am. It is dead here, which is cool.

I will be out of here by 2:00pm this afternoon to relieve the mother in law of kid duty. My wife gets back on Monday night, so it is just me and the 3 boys until then.

With that in mind, I have come up with a top 10 list. The following is a list of the top 10 questions most likely to be asked during the weekend. You can try and guy who will be asking the questions ok?

Top 10 Questions that will be asked in the Drewspop, Drewsmumless household this weekend:

1. When is Mommy coming home again?
2. You guys want to watch a movie?
3. What? I can't understand you, you are slurring too much, yes, I love you too
4. How come you are the lizard guy?
5. I have poopies, will you change me?
6. Donuts for breakfast again?
7. You guys want to play video games?
8. Happy meals for lunch again?
9. Frozen pizza for dinner again?
10. When is Mommy coming home again?

Have a good weekend. See you on the virtual felt, once the kiddos are asleep.

6 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

Here is the bet...well...lets call it a dare...

When you are outside this weekend, I dare you to walk up to your neighbor and, with a blank face, ask him/her #5 from your Top 10.

: )

No real betting for me for a while. Maybe down the road...

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

FFS = For F$%^'s Sake

This has been your useless fact of the day.

Edited for content. Parental discretion is advised.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Ah, I thought for sure it had some "fish" reference. Thanks Matt.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Chris you are a bigger man than I. No way I'm letting Mrs. Hoyazo go away for the weekend and leaving me at home with two kids under 2. I might do that to her, but she is definitely not doing that to me.

Look for me this weekend in the evenings as well. I'll be playing as always.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Oh, Hoyazo, you will learn my friend. See, and I write this knowing she will read it too ;), that is how I can get away with, guilt free, going to vegas with my buddies at the end of May. I also have my St. Louis trip at the end of this month that she doesn't have a problem with.

A little give and take is all. Actually, my youngest is 2 and a half so it is actually getting a lot easier. Almost out of the changing poop stage. My 9 year old is actually pretty helpful now, even with my 5 year old.

With that said, even though they are getting easier, the stay at home mommy needs her time to get away. I couldn't do her job, just like she can't do mine. This will let her recharge her batteries.

I'll track you down online this weekend.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger jjok said...

I wouldn't last 24 hours with my daughters.....no way, no how.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?