Monday, September 11, 2006

First win...

Hope everyone had a good weekend. You gotta love the first weekend of the NFL season. Unfortunately (or fortunately based on their play), I didn’t get to see one snap of the Patriots game yesterday. I was too busy at our Pop Warner game getting our first win. It was a close game, much closer than it should have been, but we ended up pulling it out in the end.

My son had a pretty good game, and ended up coming up with a fumble recovery. He was pretty happy and came out of the pack with the ball held over his head. At least that what my wife tells me. All I knew was that we had stopped them on fourth down and were taking the ball over anyway. I was busy yelling at the offense to get out there and getting ready to call in the first play.

I did hear them announce his name on the PA, but I thought it was just for the tackle. Anyway, it is on the film, so when I get a chance to take a look at it, I will get to enjoy it.

As a team, we are still struggling to get the ball outside. We have to get better blocking from our backs and if we do, we will get real good. If we don’t, it is going to be a long season. I never knew how much went into football. It really does take 11 working together to get the job done.

On a similar note, glad to see the Patriots get rid of Deion Branch for a 1st rounder. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I loved him on the team but his greediness spoiled it. I understand the short life span of an NFL player, but it doesn’t seem that he has proven himself to be one of the best receivers in the league. At least not on par with the Owens, Moss, Chad Johnson, and Steve Smith’s in my opinion. I know he was Super Bowl MVP, but there are plenty of those from the past that were not stars. They will find a way to get the job done in the system, just like they have in the past.

On the poker front, I played a little over the weekend and basically got my ass handed to me. I felt like I played ok for the most part and got boned repeated. This was at nine.com where I was clearing a promo through PokerSavvy. I finished it but lost more the bonus was worth in the process. The session that cost me the most was against some douchebag who was horrendous but would play every hand for a raise and pushed repeatedly. I would wait and get a great hand like KK and bet huge preflop only to have him call, then an A would hit. I ended up folding one time in that situation, then on the next hand, I had JJ and the same thing happened on the flop, after my big preflop raise. I ended up saying fuggit and pushing with the A high flop and he called with like bottom pair and I doubled. Unfortunately, I got a little too emotional trying to bust this dude and it backfired on me, as I ended up losing to his terrible cards with some bad luck. I just couldn’t leave and ended up dropping about $50-$60 of my $100 deposit at that one session. I just finished the bonus last night and then took a final bad beat junk kicking to lose the last $25 I had. God how I love chasing bonuses like that. It was my own fault though.

I am still toiling away at Party and doing ok there. I will have to get back to that this week. I ended up passing on a homegame that I was supposed to play at on Saturday night. I said I would play and then the brother in law called and asked if we could go out. As luck would have it, the mother in law said she would watch the kids so there was no way I could go play and leave my wife at home with nothing to do. We had a great time out, actually, from the little that I remember anyway ;)

I have to miss practice tonight because it is my great aunt’s 80th birthday. She was my grandmother’s twin and being 9/11, it has taken on some added significance. It was their 75th birthday when the sad day happened, and my grandmother has since passed. It will be a nice dinner out with the family. Prayers to anyone affected by the tragedy.

1 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

dude, it took a safety at the end of the 4th qtr for the Pats to save the game against the freakin Bills? wut gives?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?