Monday, August 28, 2006

Tilty Weekend

Good Monday morning. I guess. I have about an hour before I go off to meet with HR at the possible new place. Figured I could pound something out quickly, since this place is a ghost town before 9am anyway, never mind on Monday.

My weekend was pretty interesting. I think I finally experienced true tilt. Anyone that reads this crap knows I am a low stakes player. My bankroll is pretty small and I usually play it pretty conservative with an occasional shot at a higher level that might lose me a little bit of cash, but nothing big. Yeah, this weekend was different.

For the backdrop, my bankroll on Friday was basically spread out as follows:

Absolute $85
Party $95
Stars $265
Neteller $500

The neteller money is reserved for other purchases at the moment, so my working bankroll is really the money at the 3 sites right now. On Friday night, after playing some mad Madden 07 with my son (the game does indeed rock, although a little more involved than in the past I thought), I jumped onto Stars and played some Horse. I started off at the $1/$2 tables that I was killing the night before. Oh yeah, I was also about 5 beers deep, when I started, due to the fact that I used my Munich beer stein and was fascinated by the fact that when I poured one beer in, it was only about a quarter full. They were going down fast.

Anyway, I don’t remember details but quickly went through the first $40 or so with second best hands, etc, etc. By the time I was done, after probably about 3 more beers, and a visit to the $3/$6 Omaha table for about 10 minutes with $100, my Stars balance was a lofty $101. Hmm, well, that happened quickly didn’t it.

I stayed away from poker on Saturday, going to the football weigh in with the kids, then to the Pats game (more on that later). On Sunday afternoon, my bro in law and sister in law came over for a little cookout, and after eating, we were just hanging out in the living room watching TV, as it rained outside. The laptop was fired up and I jumped into Absolute to wreak some havoc. Umm, yeah, right. I jumped into the same game that had given me that bankroll in the first place, $2/$4 Omaha, and got pwned. I was down to $17 after about an hour. I lost it in 5 minutes playing blackjack. Yeah, blackjack. Well played sir. Way to keep the tilt away, you moron.

Not having been beaten enough apparently, I went back to Stars and lost another $40, rather quickly, playing some more Horse. At that point, I shut it down. My bankroll at 4pm on Sunday was as follows:

Absolute $zippo
Party $95
Stars $60
Neteller $500

Ugh. Ugh. Yes, that is a double Ugh by me. I cooked dinner for the kids and watched Tiger almost lose, but of course come back and win again, for the 4th straight week. Once the kids were back to bed, and I had cleared my head a bit, it was time to win some of my money back. At least I hoped so.

I logged on to Party at about 8pm. I was determined to stay within my originally plans of playing $25 NL on Party so that is what I did at first. I ended up getting my stack up to about $60 against some truly terrible players. The game ended up breaking and I had to tend to a crying child while the wife was watching the Emmys. When I came back, I decided to try my luck at $50 NL, having won a buyin. I worked that up to about $80 and called it quits again. I was feeling good and hoping my luck was turning around. I decided to take another shot, this time at the $100 NL tables. I went against everyone’s advice though, and bought in short. Starting with $50, I got some nice hands and doubled up a couple times. By the time I was done, my party account was sitting at $355.

It ended up being almost like a cash transfer, with some minor heartburn in between. After finishing up on Party, I think I was down about $30 for the weekend, or about the price of the hat I bought my son at the game Saturday nice. Big sigh of relief. Now I probably go back to $25 NL on Party. Probably.

The game on Saturday night was a great time. I ended up getting 2 more tickets from my neighbor, so there was a group of 8 of us all together. We got there real early to tailgate. The kids had a great time eating and playing some football. It also didn’t hurt that the Pats absolutely crushed the Redskins. Good times. Yes, baseball is dead to me for 2006.

That’s all for me today. Have a happy Monday.

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Way to come back from a brutal beginning to the poker weekend, Chris.

And how sweet was that Pats - Skins game, huh? 41-0?? Joe Gibbs better have some answers he's just not showing in the preseason here, or the Skins will be in danger of finsihing even below my beloved Eagles in the 2006-2007 season.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Wow, sounds like a rollercoaster ride this weekend. 2nd best feeling there is in poker...getting unstuck.

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

nice comeback.

couldn't believe the score in the Pat's game when i got to Qualcomm. rivers had a bad case of fumblitis and kept the game close for us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?