Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tough Luck

Well, played a little bit last night, but the luck wasn't really there for me. I started off in the WWdN, busted early, then did a quick reload on Full Tilt so I could get into the nightly bracelet race. Got boned there too, but finally won a token SNG and promptly used it for the 17K guarantee at 10pm. That started with about 900 people I think and I lasted for a while, but still finished out of the money in 196th place. Can't complain about that one. Just wasn't getting any cards and the blinds got to me.

As far as the WWdN and the bracelet race tourneys, yes, I will complain. Sorry folks but here they are. First, in the WWdN. I had my natural starting place with Hoyazo across the table from me. We have been donking it up regularly together over the past couple weeks. Starting at the same table and busting early. Last night would be no exception.

Before I post the hand history (sorry), I will admit that I probably screwed myself a little in the way I played this hand. Although I was raising pre-flop and betting after, my bets were smallish as to represent a good hand, but not bullets. Dnasty13 apologized, which was of course unnecessary but appreciated. Anyway, I would play it like this 9 out of 10 times anyway so here it is.

> PokerStars Game #4957991242: Tournament #24478377, $10+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/05/16 - 20:41:23 (ET)
> Table '24478377 4' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
> Seat 1: HermWarfare (1930 in chips)
> Seat 2: Blue123 (1450 in chips)
> Seat 3: drewspop (940 in chips)
> Seat 4: mookie99 (1500 in chips) is sitting out
> Seat 6: farclan (1480 in chips)
> Seat 7: penner42 (2560 in chips)
> Seat 8: hoyazo (1590 in chips)
> Seat 9: dnasty13 (2040 in chips)
> Blue123: posts small blind 10
> drewspop: posts big blind 20
> *** HOLE CARDS ***
> Dealt to drewspop [Ad Ah]
> mookie99: folds
> HermWarfare said, "im quite good at cards"
> farclan: folds
> penner42: folds
> hoyazo: folds
> HermWarfare said, "haha"
> dnasty13: raises 60 to 80
> HermWarfare: folds
> Blue123: folds
> drewspop: raises 120 to 200
> dnasty13: calls 120
> *** FLOP *** [4s Qs 3c]
> drewspop: bets 100
> dnasty13: raises 300 to 400
> drewspop: raises 300 to 700
> dnasty13: raises 300 to 1000
> drewspop: calls 40 and is all-in
> *** TURN *** [4s Qs 3c] [Kh]
> *** RIVER *** [4s Qs 3c Kh] [6c]
> dnasty13 said, "ugh"
> *** SHOW DOWN ***
> drewspop: shows [Ad Ah] (a pair of Aces)
> dnasty13: shows [Qd Kd] (two pair, Kings and Queens)
> HermWarfare said, "doh"
> dnasty13 collected 1890 from pot
> dnasty13 said, "sorry"
> *** SUMMARY ***
> Total pot 1890 | Rake 0

The bracelet race hand was even more frustrating actually because I had a stronger hand. I didn't get the hand history unfortunately (or fortunately for you) but this is how it went.

I had pocket 4s and limped in late position with 3 others. The flop came 4 7 10 rainbow. I bet half the pot and was called by the villain. The turn was also a 7 giving me a full house. I bet out about 1/3 of the pot, hoping that he had the 7 and booyah...magic...he raised me big. I push and have him covered so I am left with 80 chips I think. The villain turns over A7o so his tourist gives him a set of 7s to my full house. I am all psyched up to have doubled up until the river brings...10. Not an ace, but a freakin 10 to pair the board and give him the bigger full house. That was painful, very painful.

Alas, I am now over it. I played a little 10c/25c NL to try and clear about $3 of bonus to get $20. Man, the Full Tilt bonuses do clear slow. I think I have another $1.50 to clear still. Hopefully I can do it tonight before I lose the little bit I have left there. At least that will be buy me into another token SNG right?

Ok, that's all I have. It is a busy day at work, so work I must. Have a good one.

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger jjok said...

Luck will turn around. Can't argue being ahead when the money goes in.

As for the FT bonus.....yikes. In April, I played 25 days where I averaged about 250 FT points a day.....that's a ton of poker, but cleared about $400 in bonus money.

Regardless, FT is a super slow bonus chase.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Fugly fugly beats. I hate watching that board pair when I've got a boat...far too often it means somebody just made a higher boat or (more often than I'd like to admit) my boat just got sunk by quads! Das poker, amigo. See ya at the Mookie

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Those are some rough beats, man. Hopefully variance will turn around soon. Thanks for railing me last night!

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dreaded counterfeit, man I those sting the most.

Keep getting chips in with the best hand.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?