Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Mookie charity tourney and the new gig

I played in the Tanner Evers Charity tourney last night on FT, organized by Mookie. Great job as always by Mookie, drawing a huge, generous crowd of 66 runners. I had a great starting table with Hoy, Smokkee, Mookie himself, Love Elf, Drizz, Gary, Cmitch, and I know I am forgetting at least 1. A great group, for sure.

I played like garbage and the lack of blogger events lately was pretty apparent. Smokkee did me in when he thought I was on a steal on the button when it was folded around to me. I had pocket 10's and raised to 350 with the blinds at 50/100. I was basically lazy and pushed pot when it got to me. Smokkee thought I had crap and after saying so, smooth called me after some thought. The flop came a dangerous QAx and Smokkee led out with a bet that basically put me all in. I was 50/50 on whether he was just bullying me in hopes I missed, or he actually hit the flop. I decided sleep was a good idea and call/pushed (like 100 extra) and saw his Q9o take me down. Oh well, it was for a good cause. Smokkee is now the bounty winner and needs to get me his knockout pool team for this week by tomorrow. Congrats again to Mookie for a successful fund raiser.

The new gig ended up panning out. My last day here is September 29th and I think I am going to take a week off between jobs. I am really excited about the move, and although it will be a lot of work, it should pay off down the road even more than it has already. I did get a good deal too, I think, so happiness all around.

Football rolls on. I have to put a few new plays into the playbook today. I personally think we already have enough plays, we just have to execute them better, but the others want to add. Being the rookie, I keep my mouth shut, but hopefully 3 days of practice is enough to get them to sink in.

That's it for now.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks for spreading the word about the tourney which helped make a last night a big success.

I enjoyed playing with you and the others last night. One of these days we'll make it to the final table...

Congrats on the new gig, I would definately try and take a week off before starting. Recharge the batteries before you dive in to the new challenge.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Congrats on the new gig...always an exciting thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?