Friday, August 18, 2006

Thursday's post a day late...

First off, thanks to everyone that left a comment on my personal tilt post from yesterday. People are really whacked out sometimes.

To finish off the story, hopefully anyway. My buddy sent someone over to talk to my wife. After he heard what she had to say, he said that he would go over and talk to them. When my wife said that the psycho daughter wasn’t at home, he said he would tell the mother to locate her and he would try and scare her a bit. The bottom line on these things is that there is nothing they can do until it happens three times. After that, a criminal harassment charge, which would go nowhere, could be filed. We have no interest in pushing anything, but we are sick of their shit.

My buddy said that if he was the one to go, it would be a conflict of interest, and I am glad he knew that. The cop that went over there basically concurred that they were both crazy. While he was in talking to the psycho, the mini psycho came home anyway, so need to go find her. Not sure if the big psycho called her or what. Apparently she denied saying anything, of course, but said, there were “issues” in the past. Whatever. She also said, “the only reason you are here is because her brother is a Plymouth cop”. Lovely arrogant people. That isn’t true of course, it is my buddy, not her brother that is cop, although it is probably true that they wouldn’t have sent anyone if it wasn’t us. She also said since we called the cops on them, then they will call the cops on us for anything we do. That is a funny one because, not only does half of the police force play poker at my house, but I don’t do anything to warrant a call anyway.

So now, no idea if this will just go away or inflame the situation. Honestly, there is no situation. It is just baffling. My wife is now afraid something is going to happen. Slashed tires or something. We really don’t know what these fools are capable of. One thing I do know is that they have a bunch of complaints about harassment like this in their past. Luckily, they don’t have anything related to vandalism or anything more serious. We’ll see. It really pisses me off we even had to call honestly. We could have very easily never talked to these people, but they chose to push it. They have a son who, for 2 years just after high school, used to drive a little piece of shit sports car. The thing was loud as hell and he was always driving too fast. We never said a word.

After the cop left yesterday, my wife was outside weeding and the psycho came backing out of her driveway, which put her right next to my wife. Since the kids were out there with her, she naturally looked up to see where they were and psycho sat there for like 5 second just staring at her with a shit eating grin on her face. Creepy. Then after she got back from wherever she went, her and the mini psycho camped out at the end of the driveway chatting and reading a magazine. You would have to see the driveway, but there is just no reason for them to be there. My wife just went about her business. She mowed the lawn like a good wife should (lol, just kidding, she really did though. What? It’s a rideon.).

Hopefully it is all done now, but not likely.

I did get in some poker last night after getting home from practice. I played the mookie and finished almost the same as last week. I had some nice starting hands like JJ and QQ that I raised up, got called, overcards would hit the flop, and I would have to fold to a solid bet, or raise of my continuation bet. I ended up going out when someone called my 4xbb raise, at 15/30 blinds, then calling my push on the flop. I had pocket 4s and was going for the stop and go with the short stack. I didn’t really have enough to get the fold equity with a preflop push I don’t think. Anyway, he called my push with bottom pair, with 96o. Nice call preflop sir. It was his “favorite hand”.

I couldn’t resist jumping into a 45 SNG at around 11pm or so. I had 2 left to play and Jordan had just moved past me into 2nd place. *NOTE: I couldn’t finish my post yesterday so finishing it Friday morning.* Well, I couldn’t have that, so I went ahead and finished 2nd. The most memorable hand, as Johnny Mac will tell you, was when it was down to about 14 or so left and my stack was in the pitiful stage. The blinds were at 400/800 and I was the BB and dealt Q4s. The guy that was UTG min raised, then 2 others called before it got to me. I only had 740 left after my BB. Basically, it was a no brainer with any 2 cards I thought, so I called. I ended up hitting a runner runner flush to quad up and send me on my way.

By getting 2nd, that put me in a tie with Johnny Mac in the challenge. Unfortunately, he does have 2 games in hand on me. He has 3 left, while I only have 1. Also, there are a bunch of others still in the hunt, as long as they can get their games in by this Sunday, which is the last day of the challenge. Good luck to everyone on that.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude post some pictures of your crazy neighbors so we can all have some laughs.

Did you ever consider calling in Waffles to take care of the problem? I'm sure he'd take care of things for a small fee.

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Yeah, post some pictures for us. Next time you see them outside, just go and get the camera and start taking pictures - I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Glad things seem to be calming down. It does suck when you have neighbors who go all psychotic for no apparent reason. Don's right...we want pictures. Maybe they're past passengers of the pimp van!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?