Tuesday, August 15, 2006

PokerSavvy Rocks On...

Thanks to anyone that signed up for PokerSavvy using my link. I ended up gathering some points, as people completed promotions, and was able to score a few necessities this weekend with those points. If you have not already done so, sign up and take advantage of the Mansion promo, which is still running. I detailed it out a while back, and if you didn’t have the time then, take advantage now. You won’t be disappointed (and neither will I).

I decided I had better finally get into the Poker Tracker game, if I am going to make a real effort at cash games. I picked it up this weekend with my points, along with a $100 gift certificate to Party Poker and a $25 iTunes gift cards.

Last night I installed Poker Tracker and redeemed the gift card. I played for a couple hours at a $25 NL table and would up being down $5 on the night. Nothing too memorable other than paying off the same guy twice when I had 2 pair and he caught a straight, then when I had caught a straight that made his flush. I chipped back at it a bit though and ended where I did. I played too late, but I am getting my feet wet.

I configured Tracker to pick up stats from Absolute, Pokerroom, Party, and Stars. I have a little bit at each of these right now. I did end up requesting a cash out of Poker.com last night. Seems like Mookie seconded the idea of taking it out, based on the low traffic. That little nugget goes back into the neteller heap for future tuition payments for my cash game classes.

I need to set some sort of goal, but I am not sure where to start really. I just placed my order for a painting with the first lady, so my ultimate goal would be to win enough to pay for it, but I don’t want to rush things too much. I need to get a good understanding of Tracker and how I can benefit from it before I go crazy. I know nothing about what any of the stats really mean at this point, so I have a lot of reading to do at other’s sites. Suggestions are welcome as always.

Speaking of the painting, I am looking forward to it. Check out Kristin’s blog for examples of her work. We don’t really have any paintings in the house yet, so this will be special.

I doubt I will get much play in tonight. I need to actually get some sleep tonight so I am fresh in the afternoon when I meet with my old boss and others for the opportunity that has come up. Did I really just say I need to be “fresh”? Well, whatever, you know what I mean. Today I am working on 4 hours of sleep and I don’t want to look like a zombie when I meet with the president of the company tomorrow. It will be best to avoid the electronic crack machine altogether tonight.

I have been slacking a little in keep the leaderboard up to date for the 45 SNG Challenge. I think it is because there are so few entries coming in each day at this point. There are a few people that still have a lot of games to play and only have until Sunday to get them finished, so I expect to start getting a lot more entries over the next few days. It should be a fight to the finish as Johnny Mac finished up and tries to hold off the rest of the field for the win. We are paying out the top 4 spots and it is pretty much still up in the air as to who will cash. Lots of scoring in the money in this challenge so the finish should be exciting.

That’s it for me. More football tonight as we try and get the kids ready for the first scrimmage on Saturday.

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Are you using PokerAce HUD with Pokertracker ? I'm not using either yet, but that seems to be a great combo according to most cash game gurus.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jimmy said...

I think I'm going to try that Mansion Promo, I've been meaning to, but always put it off. No better time than now, eh? Thanks for mentioning Kristin's blog, hopefully she'll be able to start painting this week.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Kristin Lee Painting's said...

Thank you for mentioning my site, not once but, twice :) That made my week when Dave told me. I will have beginning pictures of the painting for you this week. Dave sounded excited about the Mansion poker thing you were talking about. Have a great night.
Kristin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?