Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Motion and Power and Pull, Oh My!

We had a 3 hour coach’s practice last night where we talked about each kid’s strengths and weaknesses. Who we thought would be an attitude problem, who we thought would be getting the minimum number of plays each game, and who we thought would be starting. We also talked about the offensive plays and the defensive schemes. I have a whole lot to learn about football. It’s pretty cool. I just hope I can get it all sunk in before I have to start explaining it to the 9, 10 and 11 year olds.

Today we start practicing in full pads for the first time so it should be exciting. My kid got the gel inserts for his cleats so he should be dancing around again out there hopefully. We’ll see.

I finally got home around 9pm or so last night. I had some dinner but couldn’t get into the Hoy. I had to get to bed because these mornings are coming way to quickly these days. While I was eating and winding down though, I jumped onto Absolute to mess around with my newly amassed fortune ($64). I sat down at one of their freshly minted Razz tables with a whole $5. It was a 25c/50c table. I must say, I suck at that game. I mean I suck badly. I made it a point to apologize and call myself a donkey every time I sucked out on the last card (river or 7th street?). Anyway, after about 45 minutes, while wifey finished watching Mr and Mrs Smith, I left the table with $27. I made at least 5 people who knew what they were actually doing leave the table in disgust and shame. It was actually quite enjoyable. It reminded me a little bit of my old learning days of limit HE when I used to chase my bankroll into dust. At least I know I ain’t so good now. I will need to stay away from that table. Now that I am all the way up to $87 in my Absolute account, I can try some other things I guess.

Ok, I need to get back to work. I have playbooks to copy and such. Last thing is that it didn’t take long for Johnny Mac to retake the lead in the 45 SNG Challenge. Apparently he didn’t like me taking the mantle, so on the first day that he fell out of the lead, he went out and took down the only one he tried. Well played, sir.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Football is great. I hope to be there tonight. Hopefully I will see you there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?