Tuesday, August 29, 2006

More Party and Mookie's Charity Tourney

I ended up getting down to the bar for the Monday night tourney for the first time in a while. It was a raining, crappy night, so football practice was a little shorter than normal, which gave me enough time to get there before the break. I ended losing a couple races though and was out within a half hour. I had something to eat, hung out with some people for a while and then made it home a little past 10pm. What better time than to fire up Party Poker right?

I figured I would only be playing for a little bit, get my fix, then hit the sack. I ended up playing until about 12:45am because I was running pretty good. I did resist the urge to step up again, so I just had 1 table of $25 NL going. Without boring you with too many details, when I left the table, I had $95. Not a bad night.

The funniest thing was, I was beating the crap of this one guy. He hadn’t been at the table long when I decided to call down his pot sized bet on the flop with my flush draw. There was another person in so I had the implied odds working for me. I had to call it on the turn also, but hit on the river. He then paid me off on my river bet.

A couple hands later, after he had reloaded, I flopped a set of 4’s on an A high rainbow board, stacking him and his AQ. He typed something like, “feel good to be running well sir?”

I nicely replied, “For now, and I know I probably wasn’t getting the odds to call with that flush draw, sorry man.” He comes back with, “It’s hard to hate you if you are apologizing”.

For whatever reason, I hovered over his name and it said “Plymouth”. I asked him where he was from and lo and behold, he lives in my town. Of all the fishies in the sea, I am smacking around a college kid from my town. The pond is smaller than you think I guess.

Bottom line was the deck was hitting me in the face and my hands were holding up. It was a fun night, and it looks like I have another person to add to the email list when I have my home tourneys.

I don’t have much else really. We have a scrimmage tonight so updates to follow tomorrow. My meeting went fine yesterday so I am waiting to hear back from them on the possible new job.

Last thing for tonight is to pimp the tourney Mookie is having for the little boy with cancer. This kind of story breaks your heart, and it is even closer to home when you have kids at that age. I am blessed with my family and would love to do more for this. I will have to think about exactly what that may be, but in the meantime, please try to make it to this tourney. Mookie has spent a lot of time organizing it and has even offered to do some Stars/Full tilt money swaps if you don’t want to make a new deposit. Either way, check out his site for the details.

4 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Chris, the Stallworth acquisition makes your McNabb pick a much better player now I would say. You may be able to challenge me for this league yet ;)

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Running good is well...good.

Thanks alot for spreading the word about the charity tourney.

Good luck with the job opportunity.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I'm with Mookie...running good is definitely good. GL with the job opportunity. And let me know if you want to come out here and check out the hotties. ;)

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

i luv b-slappin' them college punks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?