Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Blogger Fantasy Football and other stuff

Welcome to my newly minted Football coaches blog. Just kidding, but no poker for me last night. By the time I got home from practice, ate dinner, and got access to the laptop, it was too late to play anything. I didn’t even update the 45 SNG Challenge scoreboard yet today, and won’t be able to until tonight because I can’t get at hotmail from work. For those of you interested, I think Jordan scored some points and that was all I saw come through that would change anything in the points.

Practice kicked ass last night. There were a few kids there that had all of us coaches shaking our heads and grinning from ear to ear. One kid, playing his first year of football was super fast in the workouts last week. We weren’t sure how he would react to getting hit though. Ummm…the kid is a killer. He loves to hit and can take it too. He can’t be blocked and if we can block anyone for him, he will be in the end zone. He is a smart kid too so learning the plays shouldn’t be a problem.

I have said before how big my son is, and also slow. He has to use his size to get the job done and have that outweigh the quickness. For the first few drills last night, he just happened to get match up against some kids that couldn’t touch him. Kids that might not end up sticking around. At one point during a drill where we had a kid running the ball through a hole with one offensive and one defensive lineman, I told one of the other coaches to mix it up a little. He ended up getting my son against one of the best, toughest kids on the team. I was psyched when he stood the kid up, shook him and crushed the running back. He was all fired up for the rest of the practice too. It looks like his foot problems are working out ok. He said they were still a little sore, but was able to do everything yesterday. My wife picked up about 5 different shoe inserts so I think he is going to do fine with that.

I found some software online that lets me put our playbook in and make it look more professional than the chicken scratch pages that we had originally. The offensive coordinator loved it and we looked at making some changes that I ended up putting in this morning. We need to start teaching the kids the plays tonight because we have exactly 8 practices before our first scrimmage on August 19th.

Speaking of football, we need more fantasy football owners for the blogger league. For a mere $10, you can own your very own fantasy football franchise. Our draft is set for August 18th online. We have 4 spots open right now, so get on over to KJ’s blog and leave a comment with your intention to get in the game. Come on, you know you want to!

I am holding out hope that I will make the Mookie tonight. I miss playing it and I just have to get over the fact that I may not be able to get much sleep on Wednesday nights. Easy enough.

Last thing today is that I may have a line on a new gig. My old boss from my last job, who also has moved on and is in the area called me last week. He just started at a new private wealth management company as the COO and wants to bring me in as his operations guy. I am supposed to meet with a few people tomorrow, so wish me luck. I still have a lot of information to gather before I would move on it, but it would be a big resume builder for me and a welcome change actually. It also seems to happen that way, once you have decided you can live with your current situation, something comes up to think about. We’ll see if it is meant to be or not. I already told him about my Bill Belichickian efforts and he’s down, so who knows.

3 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck with the job possibility and hope to see you make the tourney tonight.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger TenMile said...

Good Luck with the possibility, Drewspop.

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?