Monday, July 24, 2006

Can't think of a catchy title

Why is it that Monday’s always come so fast? I was pretty busy at work on Friday so I didn’t get to post. I guess I didn’t have much to talk about from Thursday anyway. I talked a guy about a job on Friday because the role that I currently play is driving me nuts. I am busy, but I really should be even busier if I really was doing what I should be. I really have to find something I like better than this. Anyway…

Was a pretty low key weekend. We were just sitting around on Saturday so I decided to take my oldest out for a while by himself. We hadn’t spent any time, just us, in a long time so we went and did a couple errands, saw a movie and went to dinner. We saw Monster House. I fell asleep in the matinee. Enough said. We went to Sports Authority to pick up some football stuff. We ended up getting an extra pair of practice pants, new pads, and a poker table (oops, hey, it was originally $299 and on clearance for $80, plus they had a 25% off 1 item coupon. How could I pass that up??) We then went and picked up the rest of his equipment at the field and got his initial weight in over with. He is all set and they start next Tuesday night. 2 and a half hours a night, 5 days a week. Ah, the joys of summer. He really loved it, and was doing very well at the end of last season so it should be a fun season.

Yesterday, my mother in law took the older 2 to a pool party so we just did a few errands. One thing that I am doing right now is looking for a car. A truck actually. Toyota has a great lease deal on the double cab Tundra running right now so I am looking into that. I don’t drive long distances at all and have missed having a truck for a couple years now. Hopefully I can find one and get an ok deal. I hate the process of getting a new car, but if the math is right in my mind, I might even be able to save a few bucks each month if I can find the right truck.

My weekend did include a little bit of poker. I ended up having a small game at my house on Friday night. I had made the mistake of asking my wife, in front of my poker buddies last week, about going to Johnny Mac’s game. Since she likes to play too, she suggested having one at the house, and they jumped on the idea. Basically, we ended up having a small game of 6 people and had a great time. I finished second in the first one, which won me double my buyin. So basically, that covered my wife and me. IN the second game, I came in third. My wife didn’t cash in either, but played well and got her chips in ahead. She likes playing and continues to get better, although she will never be an addict like me (and you).

I played a bunch of $25 NL and some ½ limit on Pokeroom to clear a deposit bonus that I earned last month. It was getting read expire so I had to finish it up this weekend. I played ok and the cards fell my way as I ran my balance up at the end. Always nice to have a little bit of success at the cash tables for me.

I didn’t get any 45 SNGs in over the weekend. I updated the scoreboard this morning and it looks like it will be a tight race until the end. I hope to get one in tonight, but I have been saying that for a few days now. Last night I got sidetracked because my mother brought over a big box of old sports cards that she got at an auction up in Maine last month. She paid like $18 for the box and there were a bunch of late 80’s and early 90s cards. I pulled out anything I thought might be worth anything and checked out ebay. Haven’t found anything overwhelming yet but my son is really into the cards and was jumping around when we found a couple guys like Carl Yastrzemski and Ted Williams (reprints of older cards but still). We also found a couple of mid 90’s Michael Jordan and Shaq cards. I have a bunch of baseball and football cards that I pulled out and I have to check out on ebay still.

That’s it for me today. Not enough poker so I will give it a shot tonight.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Titles are overrated, brotha. That's why I insist on a minimum of two (preferably three) per post...keeps everyone happy.

Shouldve played the challenge. Stupid. Now I am playing these sould-devouring MTTs and really annoying the hell out of my wife as I try to prove God Knows What to myself. Next time.

I am also incredibly jealous of your Tundra plans...I have about a decade of minivanning ahead of me. Someone shoot me, please.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

You need to get your wife completely engulfed with poker before December so the Vegas trips can be more plentiful.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Sounds like a nice, relaxing weekend, post title notwithstanding (grins). Good call on the Tundra. One thing to keep in mind...Toyota is replacing the Tundra with an all-new model for 2007. It will be bigger, look a little more butch (although not better, IMHO), and in addition to the V6 and V8 currently offered, will have a bigger V8 (5.7L) as a top option to compete with the 5.6L Nissan Titan, Hemi Ram, etc. You'll probably be able to get a screaming deal come September on 2006s, but selection will likely be limited. So if you don't mind having a body-style that will look older pretty soon, go for the '06. If you gotta have the newest thing around, wait for the 2007. http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/futuremodel.aspx?familyid=54

Just trying to help ya out amigo. See ya out there.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

i wuz looking at trucks before i decided on an Audit TT. i didn't want to be the first one everyone thinks of when they need help moving their shit.

i have a pretty nice collection of rookie cards. my pride and joy is a NM-MT '55 Sandy Koufax rookie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?