Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A New Challenge; want to join?

Ok people, I am able to post this tonight since I just got bounced from the Mookie when my JJ ran into, umm, QJ when I pushed preflop. Yeah, I was down to about 900 chips but still. Anyway, he hit his straight so IGHN.

Anyway, I need some focus so a new challenge is at hand. Back in March/April, I participated in the 45 SNG Challenge that Jordan and Trip set up. It was a good time and made me focus some on my game. I have been given the reigns to start it up again so here it is. Jordan and Trip are in, along with myself so far. I will post the details here and also over at the 45 SNG Challenge blog that Jordan started back then.

Here they are (snipped pretty much from the old site):

You are required to play 15 45-person SNGs on PokerStars (regular or turbo) between July 16th and August 20th. You can play any level of 45 SNG you and your bankroll are comfortable with. In each SNG, you will be required to email me with the tourney number when you register and then take a screen shot of your resulting position. You must count every 45-person SNG that you play, and only the first 15 such SNGs. If you do not follow any of the given rules, you will be disqualified.
Points will be kept as follows, for each SNG you play, based on where you finish:

1st / 10 points
2nd / 8 points
3rd / 7 points
4th / 5 points
5th / 4 points
6th / 2 points
7th / 1 point
8th - 45th / 0 points (out of the money positions)

Total up your points at the end and whoever has the highest point total wins. Number of payout spots is still pending. The cost of the challenge will be $25 per person. Once we know payouts, if there is a tie for a payout position, those players will enter a "playoff" 45Player SNG together and the person who finishes higher will win the payout spot.

For further clarification, lets say there are 2 payout spots and two people tie for 1st place. The eventual winner of "playoff" will take 1st place money and the other player will take 2nd place money.

I will update the 45 SNG Challenge blog with the results that I receive each day, once a day. I will try to update it each morning.

This is an honor system, so we must have a limit to the competitors. If you are interested in joining the challenge, please contact me by leaving a comment here or at my blog. You may also reach me by email at nocurse@hotmail.com. Once you are in, I will collect email addresses and yahoo ids like we did the last time so you can hit people up and try to get into the same one as others in the challenge. You will also need to transfer the entry fee to me on Stars before the challenge starts on Sunday. If I don't get enough response by Saturday, I will push the start back a week.

I think that is it. If you have any questions and/or want to participate, leave me a comment or send me an email and I will get back to you.

14 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

This sounds like a great idea - I'm totally into it. Count me in.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

I'm in.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

I mentioned the 45 SNGC on my blog and directed the traffic here. I'm sure we'll be up and running by the 16th. Thanks for taking the reins, Drewspop.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger katitude said...

I am so in. I ahve to get rocking tho as I'm away from Aug 6 to the end of the month - Newfoundland here I come!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger 23skidoo said...

I'm in!

23skidooATgeeeeemail.com

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger CC said...

sorry about being him hitting his straight.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Don't need anything special for the screenshots stump. Just hit the print screen key and paste it into "Paint" which comes as part of Windows. You then just save the file as a jpg file and email it. You can also send the email that PokerStars sends you with the results when you cash. Either one can be matched up to the tourney number that you send to me when you register.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger jjok said...

I'm in

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger WillWonka said...

Count me In!!!!

I've never played these so what better way to force me to start.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to give this one a pass. I'm going to be taking a week break from poker once I finish the Sun PSO promo. Good luck to everyone!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll throw some dead money into the pool.

hrking275 (IM for Yahoo!)

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll watch this one from the rail as I'd rather pull my fingernails off with pliers than play in one SnG never mind 15.

Good luck to all you push monkeys though. Get me the final list of players and I'll get you a line straight from Vegas.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Guin said...

Count me in.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Roger said...

I would like to check this out. Count me in if you still have a spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?