Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A little poker and a little kid story

Well, the 45 SNG Challenge is in full swing now. Almost everyone has played at least one and the high finishes just keep rolling in. Last night I got home late so rather than play, I ended up just organizing some of the registrations and results through email and then I railed both presdlee and macdaknife in their SNGs. Mac won his and pres should have won his but the donkey he was facing got LLL and sucked out in the end when they were evenly stacked and got it all in preflop with pres holding A10o and the donkey holding J7o. The donkey play can be frustrating after such a great run but another high finish. So far, these 2 guys are fighting for the lead.

I played live last night in the bar league. I haven’t been getting out to the APL tourneys as much lately but did make the money once last month when I did go so I qualified for the monthly tourney which was last night. Since it was the monthly tourney for June, and the winners of the monthly tourneys from Jan-June make the semi-annual tourney, one of the guys put a bounty on my head, since I had already won a monthly. It was in fun since it is the guy I went to St. Louis with in April for the Nationals. I also got into the weekly, on the downlow, last longer side bet. In the se APL tourneys there is no money allowed but someone is always working an angle each week.

Anyway, I had a pretty good run. I think we started with about 45 people. When I got the final table, I was the big stack with 40k in chips, but like I have whined about before, it usually doesn’t matter at that point because the blinds are out of control. You need to get cards to finish it off. The blinds were at 5k/10k and I was the big stack with 40k?? Almost everyone else at the table had either 1 or 2 BBs left so someone was all in every hand. There was no stealing opportunities so it really isn’t poker at that point.

It obviously goes fast and I thought I was in good shape when someone pushed his 15k in ahead of my SB when I had JJ. I called only to find he has QQ. No help and JJ is not ok. A couple hands later I go out with a winper when I had only 10k left and A7o. I ran into a pair of 10s and IGHN in 5th. Frustrating but still a good time.

I should be able to get a couple 45s in tonight. If you are on yahoo, look for me (drewspoppoker) and hit me up. I think I might try the donkilicious $1 SNGs tonight for strategy purposes. Jordan mentioned doing the same because the play there is just horrendous. I need to get on the board after donking out in my first 2 attempts.

Ok, last thing is a quick kid story. My wife calls me last night while I was on the train to tell me that she had another one for “the book”. We always say we should write a book of things our sons have said over the years. Of course every parent would have the same type quotes come up, but this was a doozy.

The 5 yr old says, “Mom, every time I see people kissing on TV my penis gets bigger and fatter and feels weird. The same thing happens to drew.”

My wife just about fell off her chair. He just said it so innocently and matter of fact. She, and I, of course wondered about their conversation that must have taken place. The 9 yr old and 5 yr old sitting there and something comes on where someone is kissing. Something like, “Yo, my penis is acting weird?” “Yeah, nine too, whatever”

I mean what the hell?

Good luck at the tables all.

4 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Hahahaha, that kid story is hilarious. Good luck in the SNG challenege. You need to catch up to these guys!

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

my peepee gets hard when my Aces hold up.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger slb159 said...

Lol at smokkee.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Duuuuude. I guess the kid story could be worse...you could have daughters and their questions. I've already been recruited by a couple of my friends to sit on the couch with a shotgun when their daughters' first dates come over. GL man, you're gonna need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?