Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Mookie Tourney Tonight and an idea

Ok, tonight at 10pm EST is the weekly online homegame known as the Mookie. Always a great time, great crowd, and Surf will be going for the 3-peat, so be there. There is also the added intrigue of the vaunted Austin crew taking up half the final table every week. Also, as always, Mookie will live blog the tourney. Again, all a great time.

On Monday, I talked about how I had been playing extra donkily lately. Last night, the donks were replaced by junk flicks, but still running bad here. In order to combat the donks, I need some focus and was looking for a challenge with fellow bloggers.

Ok, here is my idea. Since Mookie usually has a pretty loyal following, a lot of the players are there every week. I was thinking either before or after that tourney, we could do a one table SNG each week for 9 people that want in to the challenge. We would keep the weekly entry into the SNG low, $5 and each person would pay $20 or $25 up front into the prize pool. We could run it for 6 weeks and keep track of points for each based on finish to determine a winner. Since some people would have to miss here and there, we could count only the top 4 weeks per person during the 6 week period. If you play all 6 weeks, you get to count your best 4, but if you miss a week or 2, you don't get penalized necessarily. If we didn't have at least 7 of the 9 involved on any given week, we wouldn't count that week.

It may be too hard to coordinate, but it was just an idea. The payouts would be just like a SNG, like we did for the 45 SNG challenge.

Any takers? Any other suggestions?

5 Comments:

At 3:29 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks again for pimping the tourney tonight. Looking forward to it.

I like your idea and would love to join in, it might be better to have it before The Mookie each Wed. since we start somewhat later at 9:00/10:00 CT/ET and usually run almost 3 hours. Maybe like a 7:30/8:30 CT/ET start ?

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Hey man...sorry I've been away from your blog recently...its been a long busy couple of weeks. When I can make the mookie I'll be down with the sng, but right now my stars account is low...

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Good seeing you at the Mookie...congrats on the finish! I like the SNG idea, but timing might be an issue for me. If it works, I'm in. If not, no big deal. Either way, me likey.

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger surflexus said...

I am in if you decide to do this. I'm with Mookie; 8:30 est would be perfect...let me know.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Actually, the more I thought about this, the more it probably wouldn't work logistically. We could get interest, but I don't know if we could start the tourneys whenever we wanted. If it was set up as a SNG, we would need a full table and I don't think people could commit 100% of the time to make that happen.

I am thinking about starting a private SNG table for bloggers though. Most nights, we get a lot of people on Stars anyway. I know it is usually easier to win with the donkeys but I am looking for the challenge and fun of playing with bloggers and this would be cool.

Mookie, how hard is it to get them to set up a private table? I would want to set up a 6-max to start off. This is getting too long so I will post something about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?