Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Mookie Update a Podcast to check out

Well, I kinda played in the Mookie last night. Check out his recap. I am playing like absolute crap lately and that resulted in me going out real early last night. I ended going out on with the hammer when I thought my opponent was weak. I also donked off a bunch of chips on a hand where I was in the SB and it folded to me and I tried to steal, then continuation bet, then bet the turn. When it was pretty clear I was dead, my opponent put in a nice bet after I checked the river and I had to throw it away.

All in all, a redonkulous showing. I need to get back to basics and stop trying to be tricky. I really don't know where that is coming from, but it ain't working for me.

I ended up playing the 10:40pm $10+1 freezeout after the Mookie and played a little better. In the end, I let the donkey in me out again though and I was out around 200 of 885 where the top 162 were to cash.

Anyway, I want to send a shout out to Surflexus for his repeat win in the Mookie last night. George, nice going my friend. To get through that tough field back to back is a tough job. Also, great job by smokkee to get to heads up and make a real strong showing. Surf had him outchiped barely to start, then had smokkee down to crumbs. Smokkee made a huge comback and almost got to even again before going down for second. It was as impressive a second place as you can have though.

Good job to all that made the final table.

I think I posted about buying a video iPod a couple weeks ago when I got 2nd in a 180 SNG on Stars. I had wanted one for a while, but waited until I could justify getting the one I did. It is the 30GB model so the storage is huge.

Anyway, with that, I have been getting into subscribing to a few podcasts. My buddy's brother in law started a company called Podzinger that allows you to search for podcasts using a keyword search. I was checking it out on Tuesday night and came across Five Hundy by Midnight. It is a weekly podcast by a couple in Minnesota that talks about different Las Vegas topics. With my trip coming up at the end of this month, I can't get enough Vegas right now. I downloaded a few of the past episodes and listened in while on my train commute. It is a fun listen and I recommend you check it out if you are into the podcasts. Even if you aren't, you can go to the site and listen from there. They have some footage of the Boardwalk being imploded from yesterday (boooo!).

Check them out boys and girls.

I don't think there will be much poker tonight. If the weather holds out I have 2 baseball games with the kids to get to then a Sox/Yankees game to watch.

Have a good day all.

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Thanks again for coming out to play last night.

I too can't get enough, poker, Vegas info, etc. June can't come quick enough for us. Really wished we could have been able to make it out there the same time as you guys.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey Chris, it always turns around if you just keep playing smart poker. A few weeks ago I was the Donkinator for about 4 or 5 days straight. I still have had some vestiges of that in some of the blogger tournaments, but otherwise I've been kicking it again in the MTTs. Just stick to what you know is right, try to analyze the leaks and plug them. The cards will turn and so will the results.

I'll be on tonight if you feel like playing a bracelet race on full tilt or any of the large nightly guaranteed tournaments.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

thanks for sticking around to watch the finish. i thought i made it a pretty interesting heads up battle. there were so many races. surf just wouldn't fold to an all in bet. i knew i was gonna have to get lucky which i did a few times but, my luck only gets me 2nd place. thanks for the props. see ya next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?