Saturday, March 04, 2006

First shot at Full Tilt


Although I am on limited play mode after "the talk", my wife is out this morning getting her hair done and the kids wanted to watch a movie so....

I wanted to test out the FT ring games. I sat at a couple $25 NL HE tables as a test and to see how quickly the bonus points add up.

I only played for about an hour and ended up about $6. No big deal, but I was already able to tag a couple fishies for a later meal. For those of you that follow any of my play, I am not so good but holy crap, this one guys really sucked. I have to give you the hand history pic and the chat. Tell me what you think.


Basically, the dude had been playing junk since I was at the table. I raised up 4xBB preflop. I bet half the pot after the flop as a strong probe. He flat called both so on the turn, I check raised him and got the rest of his money in. As you can see, he hit.

This was the chat:

Dealer: Hand #477246526

Dealer: drewspop shows two pair, Aces and Kings

Dealer: ConorMcG shows a full house, Kings full of TensDealer:

ConorMcG wins the pot ($25.55) with a full house, Kings full of Tens

Dealer: Hand #477247808

drewspop: lol

ConorMcG: are you really laughing out loud or are you just annoyed?

drewspop: laughing

drewspop: obviously annoyed too that you get rewarded for that but thats the game

ConorMcG: i just wonder how often people realy laugh out loud when they say they are

drewspop: yeah, you probably see that alot

SisterSara: well damn I've never thought of that roflllllllllllllllll

ConorMcG: ok

I couldn't follow my own advice and just keep quiet. I should have. I hate whiners. Did I at least play it right?

5 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I think you played it correctly, but what do I know? Unless he was a complete short stack (and it doesn't sound like he was), laughing boy had no business being in that hand preflop. Once he paired his K on the flop, I don't even think an all-in on the flop would've shoved him out. You played the best you could given who and what you were dealing with. Remember his name and take his money next time.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger phat said...

On the flop I would have probably made a pot-sized bet rather than half pot, but as hoff said, I doubt you could have got this guy to fold. I would also have bet out hard on the turn because check-raises are meaningless to donks.

Anyway a bad suckout but that's poker. You want this guy at your table in the future, so tag him and throw him back in the water :)

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Thanks guys. Yeah, he is tagged. I got my money back from him by the time I left the table anyway. Now I just need to get the interest he owes me.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Kent said...

Glad to see you've worked things out with your wife. I go through that with my wife about once a year. As long as we go on a "date" every now and again and I sit down with her and watch tv (yawn) every few days, she's ok with the poker. It's all about balance.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

There's not much you can do when he catches that third king on the river.

You got your money in when you were 92% to win the hand and you can't ask for better than that.

You've got the guy tagged, now just go get your money back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?