Friday, February 24, 2006

APL State Championship Tourney

I don’t write too much about my Monday night, Amateur Poker League exploits too often, mostly because I haven’t been able to play as much since I started writing this boring blog. Anyway, the last couple weeks, I haven’t done that great, last week I think I went out in like 19th place out of about 50 or so. I ended up pushing with pocket 10s and got called by A4o. He hit the A on the flop and the 2 additional 4s didn’t help me either. Anyway, it’s been a bit of struggle lately.

Back in December, I won a Monthly Venue Championship. In order to qualify for that, all you have to do is place in the top 16 in one tournament during the previous month. I had done pretty well and ended up catching some luck along the way to win the MVC.

Well, because of that win, I just found out that I qualified for the State Championship, which is being held tomorrow, at the same bar that I usually play. Almost like a home field advantage if you will.

There are only 60ish people eligible for the tourney and the top 8 or 16 (not sure which yet) move on to the National Championship in Kansas City! I think that is how it works anyway. I can’t get to the APL website from work because of the firewall, so I have to check it out tonight.

Send me some good vibes if you will.

4 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Good vibage has been sent. Congrats on the State tourney. Use that homefield advantage. Get people to rail you, or if that doesn't seem like your style, get them to heckle your hapless opponents! Good luck! The broggers are rooting for ya!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Kent said...

Hey, thanks for the link. I'll add yours to my page as well (I haven't been doing enough of that).

Good luck at the tables!

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

I appreciate it Hoff. The best part is that only about 3 of the 60 actually play at this play. The rest come from all over the state. I will have some railbirds there. I know I usually am talking about how bad I suck, but live, I usually do a little better so we'll see.

Thanks for checking in. Btw, I don't really get to listen to jack squat at work. Bummer.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

No problem Kent. I am playing a home game tonight, say format as your last post. Hopefully I will do just as well.

Later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?