Thursday, June 29, 2006

Losses

Well, my plan was to post a bunch of happy pictures this morning but it didn't work out for the baseball team last night. It was scoreless into the 4th inning and then our pitching went in the tank. The starter couldn't get it over the plate, then my son couldn't then another kid couldn't before we found someone that could.

It was a 9 run inning for them and the frustrating part about it was we didn't get hit, we just walked tons of kids. Tough way to lose it. All the kids were upset, including my son who said he lost the game for them. He came in down 3-0 with 2 on and noone out and only got 1 out before being pulled with the bases loaded and the score at 5 or 6-0. Either way, they just didn't hit last night anyway. It was a great season though and they all got over it pretty fast at the pool party after the game.

I left the party so I could play the freeroll put on PokerSavvy. It was a very generous 1K freeroll. I should have stayed at the party. I chipped up a little early and then lost 2 coinflips and was gonzo. I got raised by Falstaff and I pushed with AK. He called with pocket 5's and when the flop came K5K it took a minute for me to register that I was boned.

I was down to about 400 chips when I got JJ, on the next hand I think. I raised and was reraised and I pushed them in and was up against AQ. I think the Q hit the flop and out I was. The AK push was probably wrong but it was a freeroll and I didn't want to waste a bunch of time to finish without any cash. Maybe a bad way to play it.

In the Mookie, I lasted longer but still made the Donkey move to put myself out. I was pretty card dead but managed to suck out a big hand against Gary when we got it all in on the flop with a J high board. I had QJ and he had KJ but the Q on the river saved me for a little bit.

I took a few hits and we were down to about 25 or so left when it was folded around to me in the SB and I had K8c. I bumped it trying to steal and the BB flat called. The flop came K high rainbow so I bet the pot and I think he called. We got it all in on the turn I believe and he had big slick. IGHN.

See everyone at the DADI tonight. Real busy at work and I am out of here a little early (Again!) because tonight is the weigh-in for my cousin's fight tomorrow night.

8 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Blogger jjok said...

you have a boxer cousin?

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Tough loss for the baseball team, but they had a great year.

Thanks for making it out to tourney last night, dinosaur laptop and all. Hope to see you at the final table of the DADI tonight.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger StB said...

Funny! The hand I was referring to was in a SnG on Full Tilt earlier in the night.

Freerolls are different. I expect loose action, though I do not like it.

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Yes, it's definitely time for you to get a new laptop. The girly chat is a must if you are playing online!!!!! Otherwise things can get dull :) Sorry to hear about your son's team losing - but he'll probably get over it a lot quicker than you will. hehe

 
At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your poor son. He takes on way too much.

Let's get'em tonite.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

poor kid. you had to know variance wuz gonna kick in at sum point.

when you gonna learn not to monkey around with K-sOOOted. fold that crap.

GL 2night. if you're at my table, K-sOOOted is gold.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger cmitch said...

Good luck tonight.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

sorry about your boy's game...the great thing about them is in a couple of days it'll be ancient history.

I second Smokkee's suggestion that K-sooted is the way to go!

Cya at DADI, Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?