Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The team marches on and other crap

Well, the kids did it again last night. They jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first and never looked back winning the game 13-3. They all played great and got through, even though our pitcher struggled a little bit with his control. My son did great with 2 walks and an RBI double. Tonight is the final championship game. We haven’t played the other team all year because they were in the West division, so no idea what to expect. Both teams have to use their 3rd pitcher of the week though so it could be a high scoring title game. The coach told me that my son will be the first pitcher out of the bullpen if our starter struggles tonight so my wife is a little nervous. My son is hoping he gets to pitch.

We went out for ice cream after the game so I didn’t get home until about 9 and missed the WWdN. I did log in for a little bit and check out the leader board. Hacker was doing great and KJ and Smokkee were still in also. Congrats to Hacker for his final table. Also congrats to the recently jobless Mean Gene who kicked some tail last night and finished 3rd. Nice going and best of luck in the search.

I played in one $10 SNG and finished fifth. Nothing too memorable as I was short stacked and chipped up to about 2nd in chips with 5 left but didn’t reign in my aggression quick enough. I had just doubled up with A10 vs A9 to put me in a good spot. I had been the push monkey though and when I was dealt AJ in EP on the next hand after that, I shouldn’t have pushed. I did and ran into AQ which left me with crumbs. I was out shortly after that.

I signed up for the DADI tourney last night. This week is really busy and I am going to my cousin’s weigh in tomorrow night. It is early, at 5:30pm, so it shouldn’t conflict with the tourney but I wanted to be safe and register now. As I mentioned, I am team up with MiamiDon and jjok for the team last longer against Jordan, Tripjax and GCox. We are also in another team last longer that Smokkee is running. In both, if any of your teammates don’t register for the tourney, you forfeit, so I am safe for now. We’ll see how it goes but I like our chances. These cash guys seem to do ok in tourneys. Team MehMiamiDrewisok is charging hard tomorrow night.

I hope to make it to the Mookie tonight. Luckily it is pretty late because win or lose tonight, we are going to a neighbor’s house for a team party. I should still be able to make the Mookie and I hope to because it seems I haven’t played it in forever. Mostly because I was the first to be bounced last week. 10 minutes didn’t cure my fix for the best online “home game” going (no offense Hoy).

Ok, last thing for today was the Brazilian wins yesterday. Yes, wins plural because not only did the Brazilians win on the pitch, but they scored a little win right in my own neighborhood. As I have mentioned we are finished off the attic for a new bedroom for my oldest. My wife has been shopping like crazy and while we needed new furniture for his room, she also took it as a time to take advantage and get new furniture for my youngest. His dressers had been purchased by us just before my oldest was born. We had no money (not that we have a lot now but…) and bought these 2 pieces at an unfinished furniture store. I finished them and they have served us well for the last 10 years and 3 kids. The problem with them was the tracks for the drawers sucked and were a constant headache. She finally got me to break down and buy new stuff, even though to look at these, they looked great still.

The new stuff for my 3 year old was to be delivered yesterday. In the morning, my wife and I had to move the old ones out so I said we should just put them out at the end of the driveway with a Free sign on them, just to get rid of them. She agreed and we put them out there. I then jumped in the car and off to work I went. I stopped an grabbed my coffee and got a call on my cell. It was my wife.

She: “Ok, I am watching these 3 Brazilian guys trying to stuff the 2 dressers into the back of a Corolla right now. It might be the funniest thing I have ever seen.”

Me: “Huh, what are you talking about?”

She: “2 minutes after you left this car came around the corner and just about locked up their brakes to stop at the house. They jumped out and are trying to jam the dressers in the car”

Me: “Umm, why don’t you tell them we can keep them for them if they want to come back?”

She: “Oh, yeah, good idea. I’ll call you back.”

She did call back a couple minutes later after one of the guys told her he would come back with a truck from his boss. We have a good sized Brazilian population in my town. There is a lot of construction going on and they are filling a need for labor at a good price. Not to generalize, but I have a couple buddies with business in town. One guy does concrete and another does landscaping. Both of them employee Brazilian workers and they work hard. They come here, work hard for a while, get by and then go back to their home in a better position than they left. Anyway, I got rid of my stuff and apparently it was needed so it was a win-win. Two wins for the Brazilians in one day. Not bad.

Btw, the heat was installed in the new room yesterday. We can start painting anytime after tomorrow and then I have to do the finished work on the trim around the windows and the baseboards before the carpets are put in next Thursday. Then it is all done.

Ok, that’s it for today. Hope to see you at the Mook.

4 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger TenMile said...

GL to the kids against the west. Thinks me the Wicked Witch lived elsewhere though. Have 'em be careful.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Good luck to your son's team. Hope to see you at the tourney tonight.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

the "west" is always tuf....

WESTSIDE !!!!

GL tomorrow and in the mOOk' if you make it in time.

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Oh and register early for The Mookie...that way you are guaranteed to last longer than last week...heh...sorry couldn't resist.

(Probably jinxed myself now)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?