Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post on Steal the Blinds; SNG strategy

Hey, check out the post on Steal the Blinds posted by Beck a couple days ago. Great strategy advice on once you get 4 handed in a SNG. I just played 2 and combined the strategy that was referenced by Hoff a couple weeks ago, with this new post on STB.

In the first one I bubbled. It was disappointing but just didn't work out. I jumped back on the horse and did another $5+$1 and I won it! I did get luck when I raised with pocket 5s preflop and a shorter stack pushed. I called and was up against his Ks but spiked the 5. That poker dude. Anyway, after that, I rolled. Once in the money, I trapped a guy that I was about even with when I made my straight on the turn. Checked to him and he pushed. Once he was gone, I had the chip lead and just "terrorized" the dude I was heads up with. I actually really needed the win. Had a bad little run at the limit table so this got me back.

Playing one more now, then off to get some rest for the weekend. Check out the article!

2 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Congrats on the win. I agree, the Steal the Blinds post is great. I'm in the process of trying to cut it down to some bulletpoints that I place by my monitor. Boobie Lover at pokerretards.blogspot.com has a great series of thoughts on SNG play, too. Definitely check it out, because he's very much into checking calling ranges, percentages to win, and other obscure calculations that only serve to give me a headache. Good stuff. Have fun at Foxwoods.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

If you do get that to bullets, shoot it my way, can always use the reminders myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?