Friday, August 25, 2006

TGIF

TGIF. Really. This has been a long week and I am looking forward to my weekend. I talked to HR at the new place yesterday and I set up a meeting with them on Monday morning to discuss details of a possible change. I was hoping to get that taken care of this week, but I will have to suffer through the weekend not knowing one way or another yet. I wish I wasn’t so impatient about things like this. Anyway, I should have a much better grasp on this after that.

I played a little more Omaha on Absolute last night and after grinding for a while, I ended up leaving the table up about $6. I forgot that I have rake rebate there, so all of these big pots at $2/$4 might make me some money actually. The game broke and there wasn’t much other action on Absolute that interested me, so I switched over to Stars and dipped my toes in the pool, for the first time, at the HORSE tables. I am liking the HORSE. I sat at a $1/$2 table with $40 and after about 2 hours, walked away with $105, up $65. Not too shabby. The play was awful, as everyone has been saying. I am no expert at any of these games, but man, there were just some real donators. I would say Stud H/L was my favorite game. I was up that much after some rough suckage too, and although I know I won’t be able to sustain $30/per rates, I am hoping that I can continue to beat these players for a while at least.

The weekend looks to be pretty busy. Tonight, the wifey is having the ladies over for some jewelry party or some shit like that. All I know is they have an excuse to get together, drink, eat, and gossip. I have already been told by my 9 year old that “we” are being banished to the new room upstairs to play Gamecube. He had saved up some Christmas gift cards to Toys-R-Us and today, he bought Madden 2007. I am not much of a gamer but he is looking forward to it, so it will be fun.

We are up and out early tomorrow to go to the official weigh-in for the football team. We have to take everyone on a bus and the trip is about 45 minutes. Hopefully everyone makes weight so they can play. There is one kid on the team that will have a real tough time. There is also a kid who is 11, so he has to be even lighter than the younger kids. The other day he was 82 and a half pounds and he needs to be under 80 to play. He is a good player too, so hopefully he takes the Metamucil we gave him. Just kidding.

I will hopefully get to see my younger 2 kids for a couple hours between the weigh in and when me and my oldest leave for the Patriots game. We are leaving at 3pm for an 8pm game. Oh yeah, the kid’s first tailgate experience. Should be a lot of fun. We live about an hour away from Gillette Stadium and we want to get there when the parking lots open at 4pm. I also have to switch my tickets at Will Call for some stupid reason, so I want to get there early and avoid the lines. After I get that done, it will be burgers, dogs, shrimp, beer, and juice boxes all around. I can’t wait, even if the NFL pre-season games are pretty boring.

Sunday, at this point, is wide open thankfully. Maybe I will get some poker in Sunday night. During the day, I need to spend the day with the little guys. I basically don’t see them all week now because I leave before they are up, and don’t get home from practice until after they are fast asleep. My 3 yr old loves to “lawn mower the grass” with me. I have a ride on and he stands in front of me on the platform while I wrap one arm around him and drive with the other. I am sure we will get that in on Sunday, then hopefully something fun. A walk on the waterfront in Plymouth or on the Cape Cod canal might be in order. Grab some ice cream with the kids on the last weekend before school starts. Man, where did the summer go?

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger smokkee said...

sounds like a relaxing weekend.

we got a Chargers game Saturday night too (against the Seahawks). can't wait for regular season to kick in.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger jjok said...

You get Madden 07

I get Pretty Pretty Princess, tea parties, and an endless assortment of Angelina Ballerina kid books.

I think I deservedly get the right to say a big fat Fuck You......

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Ha...JJ you gotta get the girls into Madden when they are young...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?