Thursday, July 27, 2006

DADI, Challenge Points, and Pictures (finally)

Yup, I did make it to the DADI last night. I played it safe, doubled up kinda early and never had to rebuy, so after the addon, I was into the tourney for $10. Not too bad. I busted 17th when I played my hand as bad as I probably could have. I called a raise with A8d in the BB and the flop was no help to me. I check, he checked. The turn was an A. We got it all in the middle and he had flopped a set. Well played. Nice hand, sah. Not sure of the name. It was someone I didn't recognize. I think I should have either pushed or folded on that one but I don't think I had enough chips to make him fold anyway.

In any event, I had fun. Update: Oops, got the winner wrong...Congrats to brdweb for taking it all down and to Weak for coming in second. It was a nice 1st prize with all of the rebuy money. Well done. I have to say, I was pulling for Smokkee down the stretch. He had a huge stack, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. The love elf was trying to work the stack, but, apparently it was no help.

Stoopidly, I decided I hadn't had enough, even though it was closing in on Midnight. I jumped into a 45 SNG with Mookie and SLB and it lasted until about 1:30am I guess. I got 5th. I again made some deadly mistakes at the end that cost me some points. I was still happy with making some additional progress in the chase of Johnny Mac in the challenge though. Thanks for railing to him and to Mookie. I ended up railing Mookie, who had joined another one, until about 2:15am or so (yes, I am a moron. shut up.) as he got his first points toward the challenge. He ended up going out 5th in that one.

That's all the poker news. I picked up my new truck yesterday and the coolest feature for me, which I didn't even know it had, is the power sliding rear window. The whole window slides down into the body of the truck and lets the air in. Feels almost like a Jeep or something. Yeah, whatever.

Anyway, I am finally posting some pictures, Hoy and Carmen style, of the rooms that we finished on the third floor. Enjoy and have a great weekend. I am out of here at 2pm this afternoon, on my way up to New Hampshire for the weekend.


The corner with the stuffed chair and the sky light




The corner with a dresser and trophies




The corner with the bat bed




The other new room with the heavy ass queen sleeper




And last but not least, the truck and the non $10 minivan

9 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

The rooms look great as does the new ride. Hurry and win a MTT so you can get those "twinny-fo's"...

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

The kid's room looks sweet! I wish I'd had a room like that growing up.

brdweb took down the DADI, though, not Weak. Weak came in 2nd.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

You did a great job on that room. I love the pics!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about I send up some Dolphin posters to balance your boys room somewhat.

Nice ride and yep, it's no $10 Mini-van.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Joe (aka Unimpressed) said...

Have a safe trip!

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Poker4peace said...

Cool shots! Be Safe!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger BrainMc said...

Awesome room, very creative. Nice truck. My buddy that lives in Vegas has one and we were digging the rear window deal.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger katitude said...

nice job chris!

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Gotta echo the chorus here Chris, the truck is bitchin', and the room looks great. As the driver of an aforementioned $10 minivan, it makes me happy to see men being men.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?