Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back to work

Well, the long weekend is over. Man, was that fast or what? We had a great time at the parade and then went over some friends’ house for the day. It was hot and humid all day and they have a pool, so it was a great day. I think my stomach is happy I am back in work though. Unfortunately, I counted up the number of burgers I have had since Saturday and it was an astoundingly gluttonous 7. That’s right, 9 burgers on top of sausage, steak tips, chicken wings and assorted salads.

My boss is out so the two days that I am working this week should be pretty quiet right? Wrong. It is never a good thing when your boss’s new boss sends you an email first thing after a long weekend to call him right away about a problem. He’s a good guy though and I talked to him already. Although there will be more to talk about, it could have been worse.

I played a little bit of poker this weekend, but not too much really. I did get my $90 from PokerSavvy. Seriously, if you want to score a quick and easy $90+, sign up through them for Mansion and bet your $50 worth. Like I said before, I made minimum $1 Blackjack bets until I reached $50 worth in bets. That is about 15 minutes time. I ended with $45 of my original $50 and PokerSavvy got me my $90 deposited into my Neteller account right away once I got the 900 points and emailed support to show me the money. Couldn’t have been easier to make some cash. I ended up playing some NL on Mansion with the $45 and made about $15 more on Monday afternoon.

Monday night I played in a home game in the neighborhood. We ended up with 14 players with the top 3 getting paid. I went out 7th. It was a frustrating game because the guy that won it was drunk and playing complete donkey poker and catching everything. It was terrible. He got some chips at the final table by luck and then started raising every hand 4xBB. The blinds were at 500/1000 I think and I had an average stack of about 5k. He was to my immediate right so I was just waiting for a hand to get it all in against him. He showed down K6o, which he won a big hand with when he caught a second pair on the river with a K, after one of his raises so I knew he wasn’t playing good cards. Anyway, I finally get AQ soooted and he puts in the standard 4xBB raise that he had for the last 5 hands. I push and he calls and has pocket 5s. His 5s hold up and I am out and bitchy. He went on to knock out another guy when he did his standard raise and the guy pushed on him with just J8c. The drunk called him with…J3o. When the 3 came on the river to knock out the other guy, everyone was just disgusted but that’s poker. It was a frustrating game but a good night out. My wife actually played too and she had fun so it was all good.

I also finished my William Hill blackjack bonus whoring. I had signed up for the original $80 match and was in the middle of clearing it when the monthly $40 bonus kicked in also for some reason, even though I didn’t make a new deposit. That just made the grinding a little longer because of the increased wagering requirements. To be honest, I almost tilted it all away. I was grinding away pretty well but losing a little at a time. My original $80 plus match being $160 when I started, I was down to $100 and thinking that it might not happen for me again. I went on a ridiculous run where they were turning 21 on 2 out of 3 hands for about 10 minutes. It was awful and I was down to about $75 when I made the cardinal sin of blackjack bonus whoring. Rather than withdraw what I had left (which William Hill let’s you do I guess) I bet big. With $75 left, I bet $5, then $10, etc. I was down to $50 in a flash when I really got the awwfukkits. I made a tiltworthy bet of $25. But I won. I then went back to $5 for a couple and before I knew it, I was back to $90. I went back to grinding from there and caught some fire. I got up to about $130 when that additional $40 bonus was deposited for me. I finished last night with $232. What a rollercoaster ride it was. All done and cash withdrawn. Not sure I have the makeup for the blackjack bonus whoring. I lose that $25 and I am pretty much busted. Oh well, I have to decide if I go forward with it or not.

That’s all for me today. I hope to make the Mookie tonight.

4 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

We had a similar situation on Monday night although the guy wasn't drunk. He had to go, so instead of just taking 3rd place money (since they were down to the final 3) he started going all in every hand. He sucked out 5 times in a row and ended up winning the thing.

See you at the tourney tonight.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Hey,

I signed up through PokerSavvy and finished off the Mansion $50 dealy in about 10 minutes. I'll let you know if I get the Savvy points and the Neteller money.

And I was up $11 to boot. If this works, you da man...

...if not, you owe me $50...

...kidding... :)

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Wha Johnny? Really? I haven't tried to cash out yet. That's interesting eh? Let me know how that turns out, lol.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

ha, well, at least you can just take a pic from a camera phone and email it. That isn't too bad I guess. I am guilty as charged for not reading what I was agreeing too either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?