Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bubble Night at the Mookie

This is going up pretty late because work is pretty busy this week. Hmm, wonder if that is because I was in Vegas last week and at field day Tuesday. Anyway, this is going to be a quick one.

Played in the Mookie last night. When I signed up at about 8:30pm EST, there were only about 16 registered. It didn't look like he was going to get the same showing as last week, which I missed while I was away.

In the last 5 minutes there was a flurry of registrations and once again, the Mookie had a new record number of players with 50! It is probably getting old reading everywhere, but this is a great tourney and I have a blast. I feel comfortable doing the ragging and receiving the ragging to/from everyone in this one.

I even had a couple people that I hadn't talked to before congrat me on my Caesar's tourney and my Vegas luck. Thanks guys. I knew I was getting about 30 visits a day but I thought it was just Don, Carmen, Matt and Hoyazo using various machines so I would feel better. Just kidding, I know my wife tunes in sometimes so she can make fun of me. Anyway, if Bone_Daddy84 or VegasRico stop by, nice talking to you guys. Also, I didn't talk to him myself but stump12 made an impressive debut. I think he said he has a blog but he might just be a Hoy devotee. Not really sure.

Anyway, I donked it up for a bit and sometime after the break I doubled up with cowboys and held on until we had 10 left, with 9 paying. Yeah, given the title, you know where I ended up right? I was in middle position with only 5 of us at the table and the blinds were at 300/600 with 50 antes I think and I pushed my last 3500 or so in with KQh. 21skidoo, of the venerable Atlanta crew woke up with A10c and after I flopped a Q, he turned the A for the suck, resuck and I was gone. Who wants to win money anyway?

I ended up railing the final table where jjok, Waffles, Hoyazo, HCR33 and GScottW were ruling the roost. GScottW, the only non-blogger of the crew took in down after going heads up with Waffles. Unfortunately, time is running out for Mookie and the Chia Fro. Dude, it was 105 last Friday in Vegas, you gotta trim that thing man.

Nice job to all. Gotta get back to work.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger mookie99 said...

Nice run last night, tough to bubble. I shoulda been it, but got lucky, lucky, lucky.

Hope I can be Chris-like out in Vegas in a couple days.

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a day, first with the we ass and then bubble boy. Yikes! Maybe a slight payback for all the Vegas success?

I was rootin' hard for both of us so we could join all of our crew at the final table. Oh well

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?