Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hump Day Quickey

Only have a few minutes. Work is getting in my way again. I actually just spent the hour long train ride updating the resume. If you know of anyone that needs a business analyst/manager with client interaction, in a warmer climate and good schools, let me know ok?

I read Klopzi’s post yesterday about poker apathy. I don’t think I have that, but I have had a few sessions lately where I can feel it creeping in. Usually during a SNG or something.

Last night I played in the WWdN and did a little bit better than I have in the last few. I finished 28th I think, out of 85. Nothing too memorable other than my crappy cards once the ante’s hit. My stack got too low to push and steal with nothing so with about 800 left and I got a cowboy, I have to push. No dice. Oh, well, next week.

I did get to sit with Sir Waffle’s and a few others who were at his b-day bash tourney, SteelerJosh and Mookie99. My biggest wuss hand was when I had A10o in the BB and Steeler, who was on my left raised it to 4xBB (2nd level, not a big amount) and he got a caller in middle position. With the bad position I folded and started worrying as soon as I saw the KQ come on the flop. They both checked (so I would have had the free card) and when the J hit the turn, all the money went in as Steeler hit his set of Js vs the other guy’s top pair (I think). I would have most likely tripled up. Would shoulda coulda. I can’t believe I am even posting that whine, so enough.

With the playing nights down to 2 (Sunday and Tuesday) for the most part, it has been hard to decide what and where to play. I have had some good luck at Titan with my free $50. I have played 3 $10+1 SNGs there and cashed in all three with 2 thirds and my last one, a second. I am up to about $70 there. I donked some of my money on Ultimate but still have enough for a couple SNGs or one ring NL table, so I may play with that Sunday, we’ll see.

This is rambling on and very boring so I will get to work.

The last thing though, is the 45 SNG Challenge that Jordan from Highonpoker is putting together. I am going to give it a shot, although I realize that I am dead money in that one. I need to practice my MTT skills anyway and this is a pretty cheap way to do it. I may start out with a couple of the $6 turbos and if I don’t cash, drop to the $1 variety. Either way, I hope to get better as I know that more people will see my results as they get posted on 45sngc.blogspot.com. It should help me concentrate more on the results. It should…

3 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

I wouldn't sweat folding AT in level 2 when there was a 4xBB raise to you. Folding in this spot is the right decision.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

I know it, that's why I shouldn't have whined about it in the first place!

I would have been in such a happy place though...

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

I know...

It's like when you fold a 92s in the BB to the CO's raise and the flop comes down 9 9 2.

I guess I'm lucky that I tend to forget my hole cards as soon as I muck them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?