Friday, March 24, 2006

Big Weekend Plans

First, a quick update on last night. After getting thoroughly outplayed in the HUC3, I decided to get back on the horse and play a 45 SNG toward the challenge. I ended up playing in that one with Surflexus. I was getting pretty short stacked and was able to double up at one point but ended up going out in 14th, out of the money, out of the points.

At that point it was about 11:30pm so I decided that I better play in Turbo if I was going to get any sleep at all. I am with GCox in that I would rather play the normal game, over the turbo, but it had to do. I did ok but took a few chances late when I was getting short stacked and was the smallest at the table. My big slick was once again nothing more than Anna Kournikova, looks good but never wins, and I was out in 12th. Again, out of the money, out of the points. I only have 3 more chances to get some more points. I really need some because Matt is right on my heals, as well as Poker Champ. Also, Gracie and Garth still have a bunch to play. It’s not looking too good, but we’ll see. I won’t be playing any this weekend so I will see how some of the others do come Monday.

As I posted yesterday, my oldest son has Little League tryouts in the morning. He is hoping that his football coach picks him for his team. I just hope he does as well as he can. He is a big kid for 9 years old and has really improved since he started going to Frozen Ropes, an indoor training facility here in town. My high school coach is one of the owners of the facility and it has been great for the kids since he opened it a couple years ago.

Tomorrow night is my big home tourney. This is the third one that I have had since December. I really like putting these things together because everyone seems to have a great time. Each of the first 2, I met some new people who share the love of poker like me. Friends of friends that I had no idea even played. The group is a good mix of dead money and more serious players. We start at 7 and the main tourney is usually getting done around 11 or so. In the meantime, side games are popping up everywhere. The night didn’t end until 3am the last 2 times I held these so I am looking forward to another long night. I inevitably end up smashed on JD after bubbling out of the main tourney and playing 4 side games. It’s all a good time. If any bloggers are in the area, I still have some room. I have about 38 right now and room for 48. You won’t be disappointed and would love to meet you all. The buy-in is $55 and everyone starts with 3500 in chips. By the end, this could be you.

Sunday will be a day of rest and watching basketball. Hopefully BC will take out ‘Nova tonight and be battling for a spot in the final four. WTF happened to Duke and Gonzaga last night? The Zags pitifully gave the game away at the end. Tough way for Morrison to go out. Redick too. Terrible game for him.

Have a good weekend all. Hopefully I will have a good home tourney report for you over the weekend.

3 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

You don't have to worry about me anymore. I didn't place in any of my last four. I was the most card dead I've ever been today. I think I got maybe ten playable hands out of 300. It was sick. I hope I can hang on to 2nd.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

48 PEOPLE! That's not a home game thats a POKER ROOM! That sounds like a blast. Sounds like the next blogger trip needs to be Mass-Vegas.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger drewspop said...

Yeah, it is a lot of fun too. All three times people have commented how smooth it all went.

Mass-Vegas would be great, but sounds like a long trip for most.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?