Monday, April 17, 2006

Sox win...

...in dramatic fashion no less.

Talking about the Red Sox running hot is about as -EV as talking about your poker game running hot. If you do, the baseball gods will get you. Growing up as a die hard Red Sox fan, you know that. You just do.

That is why I haven't made anything of the start that they are off to so far. That is until today's game. Mark Loretta, the consistent hitter that the Sox picked up over the winter, hit a walk-off home run to beat the Mariners in the annual 11am start on Patriots day.

Down by 1 going to the bottom of the 9th, it didn't look good when the first 2 batters struck out but then Kevin Youkilis reached on an infield single. Just as all of Red Sox Nation was hoping that Loretta could somehow get on base for David Ortiz to get a crack at HR number 3 on the day, the little second baseman did it for himself by hitting the big fly over the Monstaaahhhhh.

Check out the number of comments on Yanksfan vs. Soxfan for today's game. Are you kidding me? There are almost the same number of comments on this one post as I have had visitors at this crappy blog (which is approaching 1,000, I am so proud). Why am I not surprised?

1 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Yeah, you're welcome for Mark Loretta. He USED to be on my Padres, but the GM Towers seems to be having a case of the stupids. I really didn't like any of his offseason moves. Sounds like the Chargers, too. Ownership and the GM have really done some stupid moves lately (again, you're welcome for Rodney Harrison on the Pats). Oh well. Unless they're playing the Padres, I will always root for the Sox. I love Boston, I've always felt bad for the curse, and I abso-freaking-lutely hate the Yankee-my-wankees! So there. Power, brother!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?