Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Rambling Updates

It has been crazy busy at work lately so I haven't had a chance to post much. I played a little last night on Absolute. I played in an 18 person SNG and busted out around 9th or 10th. Nothing special at all there.

Played again tonight (must...reread...Tripjax SSOFT post...again) with Matt and Gary in a 45 SNG. Gary had completed his 15 tournies earlier in the night so his results in this one didn't count toward the challenge. Lucky for us that are in it. After his win last night, he was in second place, just 1 point behind the leader, who miraculously enough is me. He would have vaulted into the lead if this one had counted for him. He finished 2nd.

I sucked out at one point, about midway through, to survive and went on from there to finish 6th.

PokerStars Tournament #21782444, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50
45 players
Total Prize Pool: $225.00
Tournament started - 2006/03/22 - 21:25:54 (ET)

Dear drewspop,

You finished the tournament in 6th place.
A $13.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.


Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

I got a little too frisky with my pocket 9s when it was folded to me in the CO. Being only 6 handed, I pushed and prayed but the BB woke up with AK and hit the K to put me on the rail. If our stacks were more equal, it would have been an ok play but he had me about 3-1 in chips, so a no brainer for him to call me. Not sure how many points 6th is toward the challenge, but I will take it. I have played in 10, and cashed in 4 so far. 5 more to go for me. Plenty of people still have a lot more to play so there is a lot still left to this challenge, but I am happy so far.

Matt had a rough start to the night with some terrible beats. I saw him go out in the this one when he pushed with KQ suited, only to be called by Q10 suited and got bounced when the donk hit his 10. In the 3rd one of the night though, he made the final table with a huge chip lead and finished 2nd. It was a real battle when it got down to 3 handed. With his 2nd place in that one, he moves one point behind me in the standings. It is going to be a fight to finish in the SNG Challenge.

Tomorrow night is the first night of the Head Up Challenge 3. Veneno has done a phenomenal job arranging everything for 32 players. We will be on Full Tilt tomorrow night. The first round is a 4 handed game with the winner of each moving on to the second round. I drew a tough table with Tripjax, Fairnbalncd, and AussieDave. Check out the HUC3 blog for all the details. Veneno even set up some extra tables for railbirds and others to join in for the night. Come over to Full Tilt and rail the action. MOre importantly, wish me luck. It should be a good time.

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Matt Silverthorn said...

Nice job hanging on last night. This will definitely be a battle to the end. Good luck with your last games.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?