Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Back to the daily grind...

Well, I am back from vacation and oh, how sweet it is. Not. The week was great in that I wasn't in the snowy weather in Boston, but not so great in that my youngest son was sick most of the week. Kinda put a damper on the visit to Disney but the weather was great and we made the best of it.

Now it is back to work and the normal daily grind, which incidentally includes poker! We got back home around 4pm on Saturday and I was playing in a home game by 8pm. Yeehaa, back in the swing. I actually had a pretty good night of it. There were 6 of us and we played 3 $10 games with the winner taking all by $10, which went to second as their next buyin. Just a friendly game with my friends.

I ended up winning the first game and second in the other 2 games. I sucked out BIG TIME in the first game when everyone was still in. I had AJ in MP and there were 3 of us in the pot. The flop came JJK and the action checked to me. I put in a half pot bet to see what was going on. One folded and the other guy, who was first to act and originally checked thought for a while and then said something like, well, I'll see one more.

Now this guy is someone that has to see every flop usually so you never really know with him. He is a pretty good player most of the time (probably because when this group plays, there is a lot of limping pre-flop without a lot of raises). Anyway, the next card was a blank so I put in a pot sized bet and he thought for a minute and then went all in. Hmm. Well, I put him on an K but not much more so I call him. I have him covered, barely, so we flip over and he has KJ!

Well, since I said I won this game, you know the outcome. The river delivered the 2 outer A and I won with Aces full of Jacks. He was stunned and I felt like the sheepish donkey but what can you do right?

The rest of the night I played ok and got a little impatient when it got to be heads up in the other 2 games. Overall, it was a good way to start real life again.

2 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Klopzi said...

Welcome back...the grind is fun...

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Must be nice to come back from vacation and hop straight back into a game, and finish ITM taboot! Welcome back to the grind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?