Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Quick post on my donkishness

When I got home last night I got involved in a little project of installing some outdoor speakers for the backyard. My wife had bought them for me for Christmas and once I got the amp I needed for them, I finally got around to hooking them up and hanging them on the side of the house. That, along with some catch with my son distracted me enough to make me miss the start of the WWdN last night.

Congrats to Hoy, Iak, and Don for their final table appearances. Well played sirs.

I did make it in time to sign up for the Full Tilt Bracelet Race last night, but I wish I hadn’t. I played like absolute garbage and was out before the break. I had won the token in a peep over the weekend and was looking forward to playing tight and patient. Unfortunately my inner donkey got the best of me. I am going to try and play a few more of these because I would love to play in one of the circuit events at the WSOP. Especially since my buddy who I just got back from Vegas with called me last night and said he might be going back before the end of August. More on that later if something good happens.

Anyway, my run in the Bracelet race really came down to 2 hands. There was a big stack at the table who was horrible and very lucky. He had been raising with any 2 cards and getting lucky. Anyway, I was in the BB with 98c when he raised to 3XBB. I decided to make the Waffles call and fold if I missed the flop. The flop came K910 rainbow. I checked and the big stack bet out a third of the pot. I called (when I should have raised) and the turn was a J. The big stack again bet out a small bet, I think the same as the first bet, so I called him being open ended. The river was an 8 giving me 2 pair. For some reason I put him on AK. I think I was just hoping at that point. I don’t know why I wouldn’t believe he had the Q, but I didn’t. I think it was his small bets. Anyway, the bet out 500 on the end. I went in the tank and refused to believe he had the Q. Again, I played like crap. Anyway, after typing “bad call here” in the chat, I called to see his Q8 soooted giving him the straight. I should never have been in the hand in the first place and that 8 on the river really sealed it for me.

Anyway, down to about 600 in chips I stole a couple pots but the blinds were keeping me at the same level as I really was card dead. I limped in with ducks a little later and the flop came K10K I think. There were 5 of us in the hand and after we all checked it to the button, he bet out the pot and I pushed, hoping it was a positional steal bet. I was right in that he hadn’t hit the board, but unfortunately for me, he had pocket 8’s and I was done. Another terrible play by me. The blinds weren’t really out of control at that point, although they were getting up there a little. Maybe at 50/100. I needed to make a move but picked a terrible time and make a bad read. All in all, a redonkulous effort by me.

Oh well, hopefully tonight in the Mookie I can play better . Looking forward to it.

Also, as you can see below, I took and awwfukkit bet on cmitch for tonight. I had a few bucks over at Bodog and don't care for their software much. I will be railing him tonight while I am in the Mook. Good luck man.

2 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

I haven't had an awwfukkit in a while...It might be time.

Actually, I take that back, I had quite a few drunk awwfukkits in Okie...

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Hey Chris. I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but that's why I don't call 3x raises preflop with hands like 98s. Invariably you make middle pair, an oesd or a flush draw, etc. on the flop, and find yourself clicking the "call" button even though you end up being behind the whole way.
Nonetheless, I can certainly see how, once you were in that situation, it is very difficult to put this guy on a Queen given his small bets. You made a questionable call preflop, and he played his hand very well from the flop on to get mucho chippos from you.

See you in the Mookie tonight man, sans Mookie of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?