Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Party, Laptop and Baseball

The Party

So I will start off with the party on Saturday night. I was pretty busy so I couldn’t post it yesterday, and after some more thought about it, it probably isn’t enough for a full post anyway. It was one of those things that is tough to explain. You sorta had to be there.

Suffice it to say, it was interesting, as any coed sex toy party would be I guess. The people that had the party live in the neighborhood and are friends of friends so that is how we were invited. That meant that there were a lot of people that we didn’t know. Luckily, I arrived with a couple Jack and cokes already down the hatch, and the first half hour was just cocktails. They had margaritas, which wouldn’t normally be my choice, but I decided I better continue on with the hard stuff to prepare for the night. Not that I am a prude or anything, but I had no idea what to expect.

My wife and I mingled and met a few couples that we didn’t know before. As we were chatting, the woman that was selling the goods arrived and started setting up. She just kept wheeling in suitcase after suitcase. It was pretty funny.

She started off by having us all sit with our partners and she passed out 2 mini cans of Play Doh to each couple. The first order of business was to shape a penis and vagina. Umm, ok. My wife won a prize, woot. Well played, maam. That little exercise seemed to loosen everyone up and the jokes started flying fast and furious. Actually, I think everyone though they had to keep cracking jokes to keep the focus off the machinery that we were surrounded by or something. In any event, the next hour or so was filled with lots of loudness, drunkenness and rudeness basically. The woman selling could barely get a word in while she tried to explain product after product. She had women taking samples of certain “creams” and retiring to the ladies room to “try it on”. It was pretty funny and again loud.

About 15 minutes in, one of woman, apparently feeling pretty good, decides to tell a quick story.

“Ok wait a minute, I have a story. My roommate from college one time got F’d by a Snickers bahhhh (Boston accent of course)! It was coming out of her for 5 days!”

Umm, took much information thanks. This was, of course, at the top of her lungs because the 30 people there or so were jabbering away.

Anyway, I just kept drinking and finally stumbled home late that night with my wife and little bag of some sort. (Hmm, ok, maybe this was enough for a post, oh well)

The Laptop

Well, I called about the laptop yesterday. I called the service center that fixed it the last time I had this power problem. They fixed it in September and it was under the extended warranty. Well apparently, that warrantee expired in February. Wonderful. I asked, if it was the exact same problem, how much would it cost. The lovely woman told me they needed to have the unit to tell me. She said they don’t do estimates over the phone. Umm, ok, not looking for an estimate. Looking to see how much my last repair would have cost me if I didn’t have the warrantee. She kept repeating that they needed to have the unit and that they didn’t do estimates over the phone. She did say that it would cost $99 for them to even look at it though. Great. Thank you for being so helpful. I told her she wasn’t getting my Unit and hung up. I don’t think she cared. I have a feeling that this service center has so many warrantee items to fix through the various electronics stores that they don’t have to try. She certainly didn’t.

So now I have a dilemma. I don’t know if it is worth sending this in and having it fixed, especially since it was just fixed in September and the design of the AC plug seems to be prone to this happening again and again. I may have to just suck it up and buy a cheap laptop, even though this one is perfectly fine if I can get power to it. Maybe I can look into a docking station for it on ebay or something. It pisses me off because I paid extra for the Vaio, which was my first mistake, but now I don’t know what to do about it. Sony is almost impossible to talk to directly and I am not sure they would be too concerned about a 3 year old laptop anyway. Ah well, live and learn. Either way, I need to get the content off the hard drive of that thing. I have tons of picture files and my iTunes library. I don’t know how easy that is to replicate. Can I just take what is on my iPod and put in on a new machine if I get one? Anyone know?

The Playoffs

So the boy’s team kicked ass again last night. They are the 4th seed and beat up on the 1st seed pretty good last night. They play again tonight for the Eastern division championship against the 3rd seed. That team had a kid pitch last night that struck out 16 kids. That is 16 strike outs for 18 total outs! Wow. Glad he can’t pitch against us today, that is for sure.

I think we have an advantage too in that we have a bunch of kids that can pitch. We used our best kid last night, but we still have some good arms that can throw strikes. Also, the bottom of our order has really come alive over the last couple games. My son had a ROUGH night at the plate last night. He stuck out 3 times and walked the other time. I tried to explain that it didn’t matter and that they would need him more tonight but he wasn’t buying it.

That’s all I have today. Out of here a bit early today for the game again. Hope to play in the WWdN on the dinosaur laptop. I did get one $5 SNG go in as I tested to see if I could even play on it and succeeded. I even won it. I missed MATH last night but it was good talking to everyone and Don made another run and chopped with 23skidoo for the top spot. Good job guys.

5 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger mookie99 said...

My wife has gone to one of those parties along with some other wives from the Big O crowd, but it was ladies only (or so they say). We had a tournament later that day and they brought back some interesting card markers.

Good luck to your son's team and good news the dinosaur is working out for you. See you at the WWdN or Mookie.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

WTF!?!?! I did not know you were a swinger! Damn! Bring your wife to Vegas and we can all hook up.. How the hell do you get invited to a party like that? I am still laughing. Although I might be concerned about your wife winning that contest.. she might start batting for the other team..

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger drewspop said...

Yeah, she had been to the female only variety before also. This was the first coed one.

Waffles, if I was going to Vegas, I could have hooked you up. I can only hope she starts switch hitting, lol. btw, she made the male organ while I made the female.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Iakaris aka I.A.K. said...

Chris,

Its official: you live in the coolest neighbourhood in America. Fuck Buffalo, email me the address, I want to move to Swingsville, Mass. FYI I told that douche Waffles you made the vagina, he doesn't listen to a thing I tell him. Did you take a pic of the thing - it would make for a great Pic of the Month.

By the way, along with Thirsty's MelindaPost, I am sending this to Bill Rini for the Carnival. A + work my man.

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Thirsty said...

Sounds like a fun party!

Did they serve pussy cookies? This girl makes them!
http://www.misskoco.com/2006/06/fresh-outta-oven.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?